How hard is making a cabinet amp? Is it very expencive or would I be better off buying a cabinet?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
It depends on what you want to build .do you want to make a 4x12 or 2x12 what size do you want it and what kind of speakers you want.
Let's say a 1x12, in that size something for a tube head on about 16 ohm and maybe a 12" speaker would fit here?
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
I'm building a 1x12 combo

http://blackrob.pbwiki.com/

It's not too bad with a bit of planning. I have a fair set of woodworking tools but lack a bench saw so I'm having to rough cut with a jigsaw and then straighten edges with a router. I have a £30.00 dowel jog which is great for joining the major panels (pine). The front baffle is 20mm plywood.

Rob
I already know how i will build my cab, all i would have to do is go to Crespo's and have him make my armor for the cab hehe. Other than that, the rest i already have it solved :3 Except i still need to buy my head >.<

All i want to know right now is how do i know the wattage of the cab? I would VERY easily know the ohms, but, the watts in another hand would depend on the speakers?
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Last edited by Line6 at Dec 25, 2008,