i just got a set of Zakk Wylde EMGs for christmas, i can't get two of the volume/tone knobs off( this is on a ESP/LTD with 2 volumes and one tones). so i was wondering if the EMGs will work ok with the 500k pots that are already in the guitar.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
doh! my bad! you need 25k pots

im still half asleep..
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Dec 25, 2008,
25k, howcome they wont come off?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Nah the 500ks are much higher in resistance so will probably sound weird, might work though, just not that great.

just take the guitar to a tech if you cant get the knobs off, although it shouldnt be too hard?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
From what EMG says a 500k pot acts more like a switch. So as you turned it there would be little or no change then bang it would change. And probably lose alot of output. The pots come with a set of pickups when you buy em so might as well change you have to do the output jack anyways.
itll be so quiet and have no gain. just take the knob, go under it with a pick and pry it off with a screwdriver when it starts to come off. or maybe you have the types of knobs with the screw on the side that you have to loosen first....
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack