Been friends witha drummer for a while, we've jammed a few times but he's not really good. He only practices like an hour a day, and he takes a REALLY long time to come up with a drum beat, only for us to play with it for 10 minutes then stop and take another 15 to think of a new beat.

His drum beats are usually pretty good though, he just messes them up...a lot. Drops his sticks, looses his spot and comes in 3 measures later, etc. It's not really his fault, though; you can tell he wants to practice and become really good, he just can't play that long in a day because his parents think it's too loud.

What do I do?
keep jamming and he will get better especially if he keeps practicing....
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Practice makes perfect so he will get better, but what you do depends on how much patience you have. Merry christmas!
Quote by gregg freeman
Practice makes perfect so he will get better, but what you do depends on how much patience you have. Merry christmas!

Thanks.

And yeha, I do play with him at least once a week...never seems to get really good. But oh well, I play with him for fun anyways...I have a drum machine for the music i make