So today is x-mas, and i got an Epiphone Dot Studio. I am a fan of pop punk music (blink-182 mostly, go ahead and rip on me that's not all i listen to).

Anyway my Dad took this thing to work and got it painted.

The result is a racing stripe (like the one on Tom Delonges Epiphone)
Its also got my first inital "B"

What do ya think?

Last edited by Branflakes at Dec 25, 2008,
Quote by Branflakes
So today is x-mas, and i got an Epiphone Dot Studio. I am a fan of pop punk music (blink-182 mostly, go ahead and rip on me that's not all i listen to).

Dude, if anyone slags you off for liking music that they don't like, then they aren't true musicians. They should have a bit of appreciation. Seriously, my favourite band right now are The Saturdays (a girl pop band of you didn't know )

And nice, if not that original, I think it looks better than Delonges. Just make sure to mod it like to hell to get something even more personal
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Dec 25, 2008,
That is an awesome and personal gift!! Congratulations on the guitar man!
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
that looks very good!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Looks pretty sick!
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Although I do think Punk music sucks, as does Blink-182, that is by far, one of the nicest Semi-hollows I've seen.

Grats man.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Amazing. Seriously, damn. I'm jealous. That is one sexy guitar. Treat her right :P
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
Amazing. Seriously, damn. I'm jealous. That is one sexy guitar. Treat her right :P

Dont worry, I Will
good lookin guitar right there
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Wow, that's beautiful! Would have been cooler if it was a light stripe, but still looks great!
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
You took a moderately ugly guitar and made it beautiful. That is amazing. My buddy bought the delonge model and the whole time I was playing it I was thinking "Why would even tom delonge play this?" They should issue it in that color you've got there! Haha.
Sweet
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
Quote by Lil Macker

Dude, if anyone slags you off for liking music that they don't like, then they aren't true musicians. They should have a bit of appreciation. Seriously, my favourite band right now are The Saturdays (a girl pop band of you didn't know )

And nice, if not that original, I think it looks better than Delonges. Just make sure to mod it like to hell to get something even more personal

agreed. my favorite band is Judy and Mary, a jpop band. you cant help the kind of music you like
Quote by Branflakes

What do ya think?

Dude, I gotta say...
I like yours better and especially the way it matches the binding and enhances the hardware.
For a studio, it sure does stand out in a crowd.
Nice detail and keeps with the original. The "B" is just an AWESOME BONUS !!

That's a pretty stand-up job for dad.
Play the hell out of that thing ................ you now got a custom !!

EPIC !!
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

epic!
Quote by Davus
I had to sneeze, and went to quickly snatch a kleenex for it was unexpected. But instead I caught hold of the entire box, smashed myself across the face with it, and ended up sneezing into my cat.
I have that same exact guitar, (only i put a Dirty Fingers in it to give it the Blink sound) and have been wanting to do that to mine too! i would make the black glossy, thats all. how did ur dad do it? id love to know, but yeah, bitchin guitar dude!
So, I was thinking of doing the same thing, but with the white guitar, to like similar to Tom's AVA guitar. Did you dad take the bridge, pickups and everything out? And what kind of paint did he use? And is the neck set or bolt on?
Quote by jakesc8
So, I was thinking of doing the same thing, but with the white guitar, to like similar to Tom's AVA guitar. Did you dad take the bridge, pickups and everything out? And what kind of paint did he use? And is the neck set or bolt on?

Why bump a thread this damn old?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by TheAbsentOne
You bumped a thread that hasn't been posted in for over a year.

fixed
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Shit, I should have said that lol. I'm not sure why I said months rather than over a year..

2 years almost
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
That looks really sweet, I'm digging the satin.

Edit: Holy necrobump, Batman.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Nov 7, 2010,