His maximal budget is 700€.

He's into hard rock like GnR and Iron Maiden and stuff.

I was thinking a Les Paul would be the most logical answer?
tell him to go to a local store and play the guitars. a les paul never feels right in my hands. im going to have to make a les paul to my specs so that ill be able to play it. i have a b.c. rich mockingbird and its the uniqe guitar around were i live. no one else has it and it sounds wonderful.
to each his own.
merry holiday or whatever.
my stuff
<><><><>
roland cube<---(anyone wanna buy it?)
b.c. rich mockingbird masterpiece<-----(is gunna get new electronics soon)
mxr 10-band EQ
crybaby 535Q wah <---(its awsome)
Well if he is just starting, maybe a Tele or Strat would do him good. Even one of the Yamaha Pacifica series.
Is he just starting? He'll probably need an amp too. And if he's just starting, you might wanna go for something like a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and a Microcube/Cube 30, just because it's cheap, and it'll get all the sounds he wants. If he wants to give up on it, at least he'll still have some money left.

If he has already got started, what gear does he already have?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Is he just starting? He'll probably need an amp too. And if he's just starting, you might wanna go for something like a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and a Microcube/Cube 30, just because it's cheap, and it'll get all the sounds he wants. If he wants to give up on it, at least he'll still have some money left.

If he has already got started, what gear does he already have?

hahahaa

He has a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and has been playing for 3 years and has a Vox Valvetronix 15W or something.