I hear Ibanez acoustics are pretty bad, but you should play one yourself if you really want to know if you should consider it.
I don't think that is a fair characterization.

Quote by wesselbindt
I hear Ibanez acoustics are pretty bad, but you should play one yourself if you really want to know if you should consider it.

Guitar production and manufacturing is not rocket science, and the playing field is pretty well level. With CNC routers, it's easy to maintain quality control over dimensional fit and assembly.

Factories have two ways to do production: bring the semi-finished product in, and finish it. Or, bring raw material in, and produce everything themselves. Depending on cost of labor, cost of product, cost of manufacturing, the plant may do it one way or the other. They may even change through the year. If, for example, cost of labor exceeds cost of semi-finished product, the plant manage may choose to keep labor costs down by using the semi-finished product. Where does he get it? From another country whose cost to manufacture that is cheaper. Rule is, if you can buy it cheaper than make it, and keep the quality the same, you don't make it. It's called the "make/buy" decision process in manufacturing.

All the manufacturers operate the same way. Ibanez, Epiphone, Yamaha. Any, or all, of them could be buying semi-finished necks or bodies from ABC company, depending on the economics of the times. Anyway, that's an example.

So, in theory, an Ibanez and a Epiphone could have the same body that was built by yet a different company.

So, a long winded way to say just pick up the guitar and play it.

Solid top, back and sides, adjustable neck (look who else is making adjustable necks...Martin, Doolin...)

If you like the way if fits, feels, and sounds, buy it.
My beef with Ibanez is their tactic of using nice looking(well.. to some people) finishes to draw people in while using subpar materials. Artwoods cost around $300-500 if im not mistaken, and all they offer is laminate. I can buy a yamaha solid top for about $250.

Ibanez also doesn't have great quality control in general(for acoustic guitars), although there may still be a few good ones out there.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I haven't held one personally in my hands, but the website specificies solid woods throughout on the models woodtuning is asking about.

It really depends on which factory is building it....
i dont find buying online acceptable. pick a guitar out from a store and you have to like that specific one. most guitars that are the same model can sound moderately different.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by fyrefly
Guitar production and manufacturing is not rocket science, and the playing field is pretty well level. With CNC routers, it's easy to maintain quality control over dimensional fit and assembly.

Factories have two ways to do production: bring the semi-finished product in, and finish it. Or, bring raw material in, and produce everything themselves. Depending on cost of labor, cost of product, cost of manufacturing, the plant may do it one way or the other. They may even change through the year. If, for example, cost of labor exceeds cost of semi-finished product, the plant manage may choose to keep labor costs down by using the semi-finished product. Where does he get it? From another country whose cost to manufacture that is cheaper. Rule is, if you can buy it cheaper than make it, and keep the quality the same, you don't make it. It's called the "make/buy" decision process in manufacturing.

Last time I checked, you don't use CNC machines to make an acoustic guitar. Acoustic guitar building is much more of an art form than electric guitar building.

Until Ibanez proves that they can make acoustics that sound decent and have quality that matches their competition, I say stay away from them. In the $300-$500 range, you can always do better than Ibanez. In fact, in ANY price range, you can always do better than Ibanez.

This isn't uneducated biased gibberish either. I've play some Artwood series Ibanez acoustics so that I could actually know something about them. They really do sound horrible.

By the way, there isn't any regulation or law that states a company has to be honest about what the guitar is made out of. The Ibanez website says all-solid wood, but look at Musician's Friend or GuitarCenter.com. They have charts that tell you what the guitar's build specs are. I'm almost positive that they will say Artwoods are all-laminate.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray