So i'm looking to get a new amp along with a new guitar... I'm set on 30 Watts... Now i'm trying to decide which model to get... Ultimately i want a Marshall Tube Amp, but i don't have enough $ for that yet, but if you guys know of any good tube amps that are more affordable, please tell. Otherwise i'm trying to decide b/w the Marshall MG and the Vox Valvetronix... Which do u guys think is better... I've tried out the MG and it sounded good to me but a lot of ppl say it's not that good. I see the Vox has something like a tube but i'm assuming its not a true tube amp...

Also, deciding on the amp will help me decide on pickups (EMGs vs Seymour Duncans) as well. I really want EMGs but i heard they don't sound good thru SS amps... Would they sound good thru the Vox?

Thanks in advance for advice...
The Vox is a hybrid...not a "true" tube amp.
But it's awesome! (I have the AD30VT).

You need to give us details of what you want the amp to do.
Like any specific genres that you play?
High gain/low gain etc.
A budget would be nice too.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Get the valvetronix. It sounds very good for it's price range. As for the pickups, try both of them out on a valvetronix, and decide for yourself. I myself prefer EMG's over duncans even on an SS amp, but a lot of people think the SD's sound better.
Quote by unet
The Vox is a hybrid...not a "true" tube amp.
But it's awesome! (I have the AD30VT).

You need to give us details of what you want the amp to do.
Like any specific genres that you play?
High gain/low gain etc.

I play rock & metal... Mostly 80s stuff like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Van Halen, Winger, Guns N Roses, some classic rock like Led Zeppelin, and some new stuff like A7X and Trivium... So mostly higher gain stuff but i want a good clean sound too... Something with a really good, thick tone like an early Van Halen tone...
Quote by Ed Hunter
A budget would be nice too.

Looking to keep it at $300 or lower... I know it doesn't leave many options but i'm probably going to be spending a lot on the guitar lol...
Try a Peavey Vypyr.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Try a Peavey Vypyr.

Too complicated... It would take me forever just to figure out how to use it lol... I want something simple with just a handful of effects.
Quote by VanMaidenFan88
Too complicated... It would take me forever just to figure out how to use it lol... I want something simple with just a handful of effects.

It is simple, man! It might take you five minutes to figure out the display.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.