I was thinking since i aggressively use the whammy on my strat i'll install a floyd rose locking bridge. Is it possible to install on a strat with everything working fine because i've seen guitars with floyd rose installed and they have a cut out section out of the wood. Answers please.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yes its possible, with routing of course.

ive seen alot of strats with floyds, see if you can find one used. it will probably be cheaper than getting it done to yours
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Abyssrealm
k once i find out wat routing is im gunna go for it

let it go conor.. natural selection will do its work..
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Abyssrealm
I was thinking since i aggressively use the whammy on my strat i'll install a floyd rose locking bridge. Is it possible to install on a strat with everything working fine because i've seen guitars with floyd rose installed and they have a cut out section out of the wood. Answers please.

www.tremking.com

Better than a Floyd, better than the SuperVee, cheaper than both,

Requires slight routing to th existing trem cavity, but not on the top of the body, only the sides of the back, where the sustain block is.

You want a TK1.
Quote by Skeet UK
www.tremking.com

Better than a Floyd, better than the SuperVee, cheaper than both,

Requires slight routing to th existing trem cavity, but not on the top of the body, only the sides of the back, where the sustain block is.

You want a TK1.

In your opinion. Can you do crazy dives and squeals with the trem king? I don't think you can.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
In your opinion. Can you do crazy dives and squeals with the trem king? I don't think you can.

No idea. Define crazy dives and squeals? How much movement do you need in order to achieve this?

My opinion, is based on what will allow you to have a guitar that stays in tune, correctly intonated etc, while having use of a Vibrato. The FR and any other Trem, all have tuning, setup and intonation issues when in use, that the TremKing does not.

So, with regards to crazy dives and squeals, I don't know. Perhaps one of the videos on the site, will give you an idea?

Also. If he wants something that will fit easily to his Strat style guitar, the Trem King is it. Granted, the SuperVee (first time I have seen it, looks nice) will also fit and so on, but it would not appear to have the same movement as the FR, but will still have mist if not all of the issues, associated with Trems. The Trem King will not.

I'm gonna ask the gaffer at Trem King about this FR squealy bit, right now.
Quote by Skeet UK
No idea. Define crazy dives and squeals? How much movement do you need in order to achieve this?

My opinion, is based on what will allow you to have a guitar that stays in tune, correctly intonated etc, while having use of a Vibrato. The FR and any other Trem, all have tuning, setup and intonation issues when in use, that the TremKing does not.

So, with regards to crazy dives and squeals, I don't know. Perhaps one of the videos on the site, will give you an idea?

Also. If he wants something that will fit easily to his Strat style guitar, the Trem King is it. Granted, the SuperVee (first time I have seen it, looks nice) will also fit and so on, but it would not appear to have the same movement as the FR, but will still have mist if not all of the issues, associated with Trems. The Trem King will not.

I'm gonna ask the gaffer at Trem King about this FR squealy bit, right now.

Quite a bit of movement... think "spaghetti strings" and Pinch harmonic raises.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
Quite a bit of movement... think "spaghetti strings" and Pinch harmonic raises.

OK, got the spaghetti bit. What's a "pinch Harmonic Raise"?

Emailed Trem king, awaiting response.
You know, pinch harmonic, pull the bar really far back... Vai does them somewhat often.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
You know, pinch harmonic, pull the bar really far back... Vai does them somewhat often.

That's what that is then. That's how you do squealies is it?

Please remember, I am pretty new to things of a stringed nature, certainly Electric Guitars.
What part is it at? 'Cause the parts I saw weren't Satch scream type stuff.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
all the elements people were talking about were in that video. pull ups on the bars, dive bombs, harmonics with the trem, and it shows how it is better then the floyd design. i like the fact you can do octave bends and not have the stationary note go flat like it would on almost every other trem system.
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
all the elements people were talking about were in that video. pull ups on the bars, dive bombs, harmonics with the trem, and it shows how it is better then the floyd design. i like the fact you can do octave bends and not have the stationary note go flat like it would on almost every other trem system.

Did you buy one on my recommendation yet, or is that WIP?
Quote by oneblackened
What part is it at? 'Cause the parts I saw weren't Satch scream type stuff.

Have to agree...it was practically just a basic strengthened tremelo system, didn't get near proper dives etc. Twas a bit half arsed.
Quote by EmsLa
Have to agree...it was practically just a basic strengthened tremelo system,

A what? Can you show me another trem the same?
Quote by Skeet UK
A what? Can you show me another trem the same?

No I just meant that it doesn't seem to do that much in reality. It's just like a normal trem but keeps the guitar in tune. You couldn't push a trem king as far as a FR or Kahler.
Quote by EmsLa
No I just meant that it doesn't seem to do that much in reality. It's just like a normal trem but keeps the guitar in tune. You couldn't push a trem king as far as a FR or Kahler.

SO it doesn't do much apart from:

It's a hardtail, so it sustains.
It doesn't change intonation point when used
It doesn't go out of tune generally
Doesn't need locking tuners
Doesn't go out of tune when drop tuning
Doesn't go out of tune if a string breaks
Doesn't go quite as far as a Kahler or FR.

Well, one bad thing, out of all of the good points, is slightly more than "doesn't seem to do much".

A Trem, is actually a Vibrato and it's only use was to try to imitate the "trill" of the human voice. Not to do "crazy dives" or "squealies".

So really speaking, the FR style are very good at doing those things but ****e at everything else that a guitar bridge should do.

Tools for the job I suppose. If you want to do really huge dives and squealies, get an FR style.
If you want slightly less hardcore string variation, but also want a guitar that will stay in tune, get a Trem King.

Just gonna climb of my soap box now...
I did that to my squier strat over the summer. I didnt have a router then so i used a chisel. it only took me about 4 hours but it was worth it. be careful because when instaling the nut its a pain in the ass i would suggest using a router for that if you have one
Quote by Skeet UK
That's what that is then. That's how you do squealies is it?

Please remember, I am pretty new to things of a stringed nature, certainly Electric Guitars.

Sorry to say, but if your new to guitars, then how do you know that the trem king is the best? Have you tried every trem there is? And if, theorectically, you believe this trem to be better, in practise it may not be.
Quote by supergerbil
Sorry to say, but if your new to guitars, then how do you know that the trem king is the best? Have you tried every trem there is? And if, theorectically, you believe this trem to be better, in practise it may not be.

It's simple engineering and an understanding of what failures other Trem's have.

Also, I have one.
Quote by Skeet UK
It's simple engineering and an understanding of what failures other Trem's have.

Also, I have one.

You have also forgotten the original point of the thread, slightly worried about routing but 'aggresively' uses whammy bar. I wouldn't say the tremking qualified, especially not in the video anyway. But I suppose it's what the original post means by aggressive use. Any ideas? All trems have failures, that's apparantly why we argue til our soapboxes give way. ahem.