It was solid, I liked the more quiet moments, they worked best i feel. But over all, i would say it was good. i'll listen again at home, because i can use some real headphones, the ones i have on at the mo are crappy I'd like to see more memorable tunes, catchy licks. That would really polish it off. You have potential.

Good work guys.
i agree that you guys have potential, and while i don't have any specific criticisms of the music, i will say you guys have one of the best band 'stories' i've ever read
Your song "Murals" is great. Listened to it 3 times. Just think your softer stuff sounds the best.
I should report you for bumping as that is not allowed... but I must say That is some interesting stuff- and thats coming from a guy who hates indie rock.
Jumpstart: the guitar riffs are kinda plain and a little sloppy, not a fan of the distortion or clean. The riff at like 2 something is good but it's sloppy. Vocals are a little boring.
Murals: overall it's a good song idea, but really boring song. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086176
GOMEZ
Originally posted by Marroon5MustDie
It's spelled khoyaschotsii. Trust me, I'm a Native American. My name is Running Rainbow.
please don't bump your own thread, i am going to let the older ones go because i don't feel like punishing you for something that you did before i was modded here.

pther than that, your music was pretty enjoyable, but it didn't blow me away. it sounded a little kinsella influenced, but that could just be me. i think i hear the kinsellas in everything.
Quote by uhh_me?
please don't bump your own thread, i am going to let the older ones go because i don't feel like punishing you for something that you did before i was modded here.

pther than that, your music was pretty enjoyable, but it didn't blow me away. it sounded a little kinsella influenced, but that could just be me. i think i hear the kinsellas in everything.

Yea, my fault for not looking over the rules. I'll keep it to news from now on.
guitarist/lead singer of drawing mountains here:

I think it's very interesting that people enjoy Murals. Perhaps it may be just because I've played it thousands of times, but I find the song quite boring. Since "High Society" has been recorded, the song has been changed to be a bit more dynamic.
"High Society", to me at least, is my band's first real attempt at some sort of an album. These 5 songs are the first 5 that we had written, and I find them to be immature and underdeveloped. This, however, does not mean that I discredit some of my earliest songwriting. Before this CD, I had never written a song in my life. Kind of funny in retrospect because some of these lyrics have a great deal of backing in my life, and it's interesting to look back and listen to this songs and be able to visualize what inspired them. As far as the guitar parts go, I am rather disappointed in myself for them...
At the time, I was a fairly inexperienced guitarist, but since the album I have delved quite deeply into the realms of jazz and experimental/progressive music. On this album, I wrote both mine and the ex-rhythm guitarists' parts. Honestly, I could have done without most of the other guy's parts altogether. He was not a very skilled guitarist and I found myself writing things just so that he would have something to play. As a result, the album feels kind of crowded and dull to me.

The new music of Drawing Mountains (if that is our name for much longer), and I'm happy to say this, is swaying towards the quieter, more melodically centered side. Our 3-piece lineup seems as if it were dropped straight from heaven to belt out melancholy, morose leads with emotional, crying, deep bass lines. Our drummer (only 14 at the time of recording our EP) has since improved quite a lot. All in all, our sound is developing quite nicely, and I'm extremely pleased to hear from everybody that you enjoyed our first release! If you enjoyed us the first time around, you should like what we have in store for the coming summer.
The band itself is not a very happy band; most (if not all) of our songs have underlying tones of sadness and melancholy. This is reflected in the newest of our songs, which I honestly believe to be a lot more solid than our first attempts. Although we are still developing as a band, our sound is slowly evolving to a more mature, full one with its own personality.
I love to hear all of your comments on our first EP, and I agree with many of them. I, too, enjoy the quieter side of Drawing Mountains; I think that's where our true potential lies.
Oh, I forgot to mention something. The banjo has effectively been dropped from the band. However, I still do use it to write song songs, and a few of our tunes are actually played with the high E string tuned down to D to imitate a banjo.

I'll try to comment to each one of you that gave us some feedback, and if you're ever looking for input on your own music, I will surely be happy to give you some! I love to hear new and unique sounds!

colin
Hey

I love your music

It's awesome!

My band will be going on tour this fall, so maybe we should play a show together

St. andrews hall perhaps!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086930

we're gonna have more stuff up though, later
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
We recorded our entire set at our show last night. Whole thing is up on our myspace and youtube.
Playing a show tomorrow at The Factory tomorrow with a different drummer. Details on the myspace.
Quote by djtdub105
really interesting listening, do like the softer stuff more for sure

Thanks for the input. We actually might be recording our new material soon, so keep an eye out.
The vocals aren't exactly my cup o' tea, but you guys have something with Murals, it's got good lyrics and they fit together and meld with the music very well. Do you guys do a lot of gigging? If not, you should.

Overall, it's not something I would personally listen to a lot but I know a lot of people that would, so keep it going, your style is unique.

check out my band? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155508

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by MrDinkleberry
The vocals aren't exactly my cup o' tea, but you guys have something with Murals, it's got good lyrics and they fit together and meld with the music very well. Do you guys do a lot of gigging? If not, you should.

Overall, it's not something I would personally listen to a lot but I know a lot of people that would, so keep it going, your style is unique.

check out my band? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155508

We have done alot of gigging but at the moment we're focusing on recording our album before 2/3s of the band ships off to college.