Alright, right now i have some off the wall piece of crap electric from target. I got it for christmas a year ago, and hate it with a passion. I have played a Les Paul at church and it's VERY nice styling/sound, and have played a friend's Jackson Dinky and liked that as well. I'm looking for an intermediate level/upgradeable guitar, but my budget is only 300 dollars due to some financial circumstances. I've seen the Jackson JS20 and ibanez ART100, and both of them seem okish. What do you guys recommend?
I play: Rock, Some metal. Mostly rock though, and OCCASIONALLY, something lighter.
ibanez ART100....or epi vintage g-400
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Can you buy used? That can open up a lot more options. And I'd suggest you check out Agile guitars. They're supposed to be a great value. A friend of mine said he was really impressed with them, and he's a dick if something sucks.
Quote by eahilder
ibanez ART100....or epi vintage g-400

The ART guitars are solid. I definitely suggest checking one of those out.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Quote by frozen-dirt
Can you buy used? That can open up a lot more options. And I'd suggest you check out Agile guitars. They're supposed to be a great value. A friend of mine said he was really impressed with them, and he's a dick if something sucks.

Unfortunately I can't, as part of the 300 is guitar center store credit.