Hi, im currently looking for a new bass to upgrade from my squire j bass

I mainly play rock in a band, I sometimes harmonize with the guitars and tap so a fast neck is semi-important.

I just want some suggestions to get my brain working and so i can go out and play a few basses
hey i cud sell u my schecter diamond series elite 5 bass for $550
i bought it for $1100
its a great bass
idk where u live but if ur near NJ u cud def. play it
got some sick EMG-HZ pickups
im sellin it cause im gettin a fender custom shop '64 jazz bass..
its gonna b hard lol
You could check out the Ibanez sr series. They definitely have the fast neck you want. They're all versatile, and don't really have a 'specific' genre.

Of course, also check out your standard fenders, etc. I personally don't like Fenders, but there are plenty people on here who can give you the selling points.

There are also Schecters, spectors, and so on. I'll let someone with more info take on those (:

Another option is to go on musiciansfriend.com and browse by price range. You can read the reviews and seach the forums here if something catches your eye. Happy bass hunting!

edit: Musician's Friend is having sales right now, if you don't mind buying online. But you'd probably want to try them out first.
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Dec 25, 2008,
Get something along the lines of a used bass on ebay, you can normally find $1000+ basses for that price, try and find something in decent condition and you might be lucky. I got a brand new '01 warwick corvette from the bay for $572 so there has to be many more deals out there.
Quote by Shy Guy
Get something along the lines of a used bass on ebay, you can normally find $1000+ basses for that price, try and find something in decent condition and you might be lucky. I got a brand new '01 warwick corvette from the bay for $572 so there has to be many more deals out there.

You are so lucky....did you buy it from an individual seller or from an eBay store?

I personally love the sound/feel of warwicks.
look into ibanez sr series an old used ibanez's too. i got one made in japan and the marked price was only 450usd. it's a '91 sb900.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu