Okay guys, Merry Christmas to me!!! I got a Peavey Valveking 112!!!

Now, i was messing around with the knobs and such, and i stumbled upon some decent settings, but i was wondering if you guys knew any good settings for it? I just about 99% of the time play Metalcore and Sludge Metal, so i was wondering if you guys could help me out with this.

Plus the Texture knob in the back. So far i have it all the way to the left (7 o'clock position-ish) and that doesnt sound bad to me, but you guys might also have better settings.

Thanks for the help all, and Merry Christmas to you all!

EDIT: Also forgot to ask, that in the not so distant future, i was wondering what would be a good speaker to to replace the ValveKing speaker, since they dont exactly have the best rep, lol.
Last edited by SMB13 at Dec 25, 2008,
Experiment with it. Enjoy it. I've also got a VK112 and love it. I've also got a Mesa Lonestar and I pretty much split my time between the 2.

I normally run my 112 in the Class A mode and the clean channel. I use effects for distortion and overdrive. Have fun!!!
As long as it's not a Line 6, I could care less what people say about Peavey. As long as you like the sound, it doesn't matter what others say about it. I know a lot of guys have replaced the speaker in their 112, but I can't recall what the favorite choice was/is. I'm still running mine stock and it sounds good to me - that's all that matters.
I have experimented with it, and i must say, its a huge improvement over my old amp (Crate Flexwave) I found a couple different tones, but i wanna know if any has found a seriously killer tone, and i would like to hear others settings as well.

That, and the new speaker wouldnt be bad either. Im thinking Eminence?
Eminence makes some nice replacement speakers. I don't think you could wrong with one of them.
Shame they didnt come default with Celestions, lol.

That would be like, Murder in a Box. (In a good way too! lol)