im looking to buy myself a telecaster

i already have a custom luthier guitar, full mahogany with maple top, seymourduncan distortion in neck, bridge is a dimarzio d activator with coil split on both pups, emg afterburner

i also have a G&L legacy (american series) with david gilmour EMG singles

my amps are fender deluxe reverb, and bugera 333xl with various overdrives and pedals i wont mention

now im looking to gret in the telecaster area and i do not know the differences between models,

i definately want an american made
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0110502738 kind of like this

but black with white binding.....

what should i look for when buying a tele???? any special things i should check for???
i need more details on what an aerodyne tele is I only played a few vintage teles and a deluxe

any idea of wht i should aim for
I would suggest the American Standards, I don't think the Highway One tele's are that good.A Vintage Hotrod is great too.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Aerodyne's are kind of ugly, IMO, if i were you, i'd forget the NEED for binding, and just try some out.

What i look for in a good Tele is a bit of a throatier sound than they're known for, but thats just me.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Well basicly if someone wants a good tele that means that they want a tele that remains the typical vintage tele-tone (twang and stuff).
This might be your best choice then http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0106200806

If you just want a tele-like guitar that can also handle metal for example you should go with a John 5/Jim Root .Or do it like me,buy a lower priced tele and put some dual blade humbuckers in it
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
EDIT: I didn't even know that had binding on it! ^^

If you want American made, Aerodynes are out. They're MIJ, I believe. They don't even made Aerodyne Teles anyway.

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0101602764

An American Deluxe. It wouldn't be a pain in the arse to get a new pickguard/paint that one, if you want to change it, and it's got the white binding. There's one with a rosewood neck, and things, and it has S1 switching to get some different tones (i.e humbucker ones, which makes it versitile), which is really nice.

I can't believe no one has said this one yet.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Dec 25, 2008,
Quote by ferguson911
I want a maple neck

is this guitar a good buy?

The American Deluxe? Yup, it is. I haven't played one, I must confess, but the MIA Strat Deluxe I played was really good, so the Tele, in theory, must be as good, See if there's any at your local music place and play one. It'll be quite versitile and all that, so yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
The American Deluxe? Yup, it is. I haven't played one, I must confess, but the MIA Strat Deluxe I played was really good, so the Tele, in theory, must be as good, See if there's any at your local music place and play one. It'll be quite versitile and all that, so yeah.

the music store is a 6 hour drive away so il be going up this week