well i have a few guitars that i'm narrowing down my choices from, and they're all at the $800-820 range. then add another $120 for shipping. now i just need to know what to expect to pay for customs duty? i read somewhere else that it shouldn't be anything too bad unless the item itself cost over $1000. does anyone know whether they base that off the price BEFORE or AFTER shipping is added? either way, the guitar i order shouldn't quite hit $1000 altogether until AFTER they put a customs duty on it.

so what should i expect to pay for customs? and i'm wanting a MIJ guitar which is why i'm going through all this, an Edwards i'm about 90% sure. don't advise me to go Epiphone or Agile please, i'm not wanting Chinese made. thanks!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
im gunna recomend an epiphone, or an agile. lol no but srsly i have no idea bout customs cost
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
it depends on the value that the shipper declares on the goods

Where are you planning to order from? If you're ordering international from say Europe or Russia you will pay the most with UPS, there will be less duties if you want it shipped by DHL or the postal service.

But for the amount you suggested I'd say somewhere in the ballpark of $250 (give or take) if you went by UPS
it'll be EMS from Japan. and i assume they wouldn't declare more value on the guitar than what i buy it for, so i guess no more value than $800 or $820. the seller said this is the only way he uses b/c it's fastest and safe.

i assume i can call a certain number to get an estimate of what to expect in duties?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
damn, i'd hate to have to go with a les paul studio over one of these nice MIJ copies, but if it's gonna be all this hassle and end up about the same price, i might have to.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH