There seems to be more people on now, so I'm reposting.

I got a Wacom Intuos tablet for my computer. I plug it in and install it, and it's all ready to use. So I open Adobe Illustrator to try it out, and all my tools are gone. No brushes, no shapes, no pen, no pencil...nothing. I go to the Help menu, and it says if I see no toolbar to go to View, and pick Show Toolbar. But that option doesn't exist. How do I get my toolbar back?

Also, I've tried pushing the quick buttons, like V for the select tool, and M for the rectangle tool. Doesn't work. Any help?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Usually you turn on tools by going to the "Window" dropdown and there it has all of the toolbars and you just click on them to turn them on. My girlfriend installed a tablet and it was kinda troublesome too. If that doesnt work than call Adobe, they have a 24 hour helpline i think
Ok, first things first, i have mac. Second, apparently my problem is that I don't know the proper way to transfer applications to stacks. I just recently got Leopard.

Ok....
So now, I found out that if I open my hard drive, then open the applications folder, and open illustrator from there, it works fine. But if I try to open the copy of Illustrator that's in the Adobe stack that I made, it's all f***ed up.

Can anyone tell me the proper way to transfer apps to stacks so that everything works?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

-Hans Christian Andersen
Just drag the icon from the applications folder into the stack... How could you NOT get that?
that's what i did. but it got all f***ed up.
-Frank Zappa

-Hans Christian Andersen