When i play the second fret on my G-string it will make the sound of the third fret along with some "buzzing" noise. I just restrung it after putting on my new pickguard and before it just "buzzed." Does anyone know what is going on and how i can fix it?

thanks
chad
finger a minor
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
Quote by Bullethead
finger a minor

Have a look at the fret, is there anything wrong with it. Also, look at the saddle aswell, there might be some damage there too. Have you strung it right aswell, so the tuner turns anticlockwise to tune up an things? Sometimes, problems might be caused by things like that.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Bullethead
finger a minor

cool

Quote by Lil Macker

Have a look at the fret, is there anything wrong with it. Also, look at the saddle aswell, there might be some damage there too. Have you strung it right aswell, so the tuner turns anticlockwise to tune up an things? Sometimes, problems might be caused by things like that.

the fret looks fine and yes i strung it right. what problems should i be looking for in the saddle or fret?
did you swithch string gauges?
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

I think your Third fret is to high or your 2nd fret is to low. hold a straight edge or ruller to the top of the frets and see if theres anyspace between the ruler and hte 2nd fret. if there is your 2nd fret is to low unless your doesnt touch any other frets beyond the 3rd fret, then the 3rd fret is to high. Unless you wanna try your luck with a file, you should take it in.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
I had that on my acoustic once, but it went after a day or so of playing. If you recently changed strings, try playing it like normal for a day or so and see if the problem continues.
I raised the action a little and it seemed to help some. But now the weirdest thing happened: Just playing some stuff then all the sudden my B string drops like 8 octaves and i try to tune it back up but i have no luck and when i do it goes a little higher then just drops to where it was. I have had pretty bad luck with this guitar infact about a year ago the bridge pickup broke and i had to get it replaced!
sucks
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Buy a new guitar.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
Buy a new guitar.

I dont want to because i liek my guitar. I just want to fix the problems
OK, i looked at the third fret closely and i noticed a dent in it! Could that be the problem?
Quote by nightraven
most likely if the dent is right where the G string hits the fret

you should re-crown your frets imo

yeah it is right where the g string is. its below just the G string not any other strings and it is the only fret that has a dent.

so would re-crowning get the dent out?