think its probably better to make a new thread than put this in the orange thread.
sorry if im wrong

so im still undecided about whether to get a valve/tube amp.

i tried a Marshall TSL 100 and it was stupidly loud so i was thinking of a lower wattage tube like the Orange Rocker 30.

Im looking to get Gary Moore/Slash type tones with quite high dist, can i get this from this amp? i play an SG standard.

Also the cab i have is one of the Marshall MG 4x12 but its been fitted with Vintage 30s so sounds quite nice.

I play GnR and heavier rock type things and a bit of ska/pop punk mostly

Oh yeh, and i was wondering, cos i haven't owned a valve amp before: if i was playing a gig and a valve blew am i screwed or could the amp struggle to the end of the show??
im only 16 so were talking 30-45 minute sets at the most

So if anyone could give me advice on the rocker 30 or other types to get that would be good

cheers
I'd look into a new cab as well. Not speakers, but a new enclosure. Whatever head you get, that cab is going to hold it back. Even if you put nice speakers in it. You can get a decent box from places like Avatar for quite cheap.
orange rocker 30 is a fantastic amp. i would have it any day over the marshall. and if its not br00talz enough for you then stick a metal muff or something infront of it. al is right. the crappy particle board mg cab is gonna restrict it. i would seriously consider saving for a new cab if i were you. but get the rocker 30, no doubt.
Most definitley get a new cabinet if your getting that caliber of an amp. Its a great head, and will suit your style well IMO
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
...under a grand? Rockeverbs are $1959 at the cheapest. I just ordered one
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
...under a grand? Rockeverbs are $1959 at the cheapest. I just ordered one

Not in England .
Quote by Horlicks
Not in England .

Ah, but of course. I'll be living there in 2 years! Cant wait.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
cheers for the replies
can anyone explain about the tubes blowing in a gig please?
Quote by D_G
cheers for the replies
can anyone explain about the tubes blowing in a gig please?

Just shove a new set in, it takes less than 5 minutes as long as you have a set and a screwdriver handy.
Its just something that happens, or should i say doesnt happen to often at least. Its when spontaneously, one of your tubes fries and you are screwed. With a rockerverb 50, it has tube faliure protection, so you can run half power if a tube fails, and finish the gig without a backup head.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412