Basically, I need some metal, preferably of the V. Heavy kind, that doesn't have slap or pop, but is still somewhat audible. Basically, metal, with no slap or pop, with crazy riffs.

And no ****ing Iron Maiden, they simply aren't heavy enough! And I can't get into them..

Oh yeah, and distortion is good as well.
Last edited by SlayedInTheFace at Dec 25, 2008,
Hammer Smashed Face?

The fact that metal is basicaly all down tuned means that most bass in Metal isn't heard, it's felt

Edit: Though you might wanna try some early Metallica or Megadeth, MoP is an awesome song on bass.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
i wouldn't call it metal, but death from above 1979 is pretty heavy and full of crazy riffs.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by ChemicalFire
Hammer Smashed Face?

The fact that metal is basicaly all down tuned means that most bass in Metal isn't heard, it's felt

Edit: Though you might wanna try some early Metallica or Megadeth, MoP is an awesome song on bass.

Nah, its still got that string hitting against the neck thing going on..
Death?

They have some good basslines with the many bass players they had
Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye
How about Orion?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by ChemicalFire

You'd think that, but my band play in drop C and my bass is just as audible as anything else, but that may be due to our genre (post-rock/shoegaze) and the face that most of the guitar parts are high and atmospheric.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Nah, its still got that string hitting against the neck thing going on..

that's because it's detuned and they're double picking.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by ChemicalFire
Hammer Smashed Face?

That. I think Wherever I May Roam has that crazy bass intro.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Wow, thanks.

Hahaha, no problem.
Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye
Quote by ChemicalFire
Hammer Smashed Face?

That song is in standard tuning IIRC.

Try Cynic and Atheist. Excellent basswork.

And I just changed color
Quote by watchingmefall

And I just changed color

damn thats hard to read
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Opeth and Between The Buried And Me have some great bass lines. They probably aren't 'heavy' enough for you, but Dream Theater is an obvious choice.
Maybe Symphony X, Protest The Hero, Dream Theater, maybe even Nickelback. I know they aren't metal, but meh.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by peewt
Coroner. You will be amazed.

This man is very correct, Coroner - Reborn Through Hate is a great metal song on bass.

Edit:

Blotted Science and Necrophagist (of course)
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Last edited by Thegian at Dec 25, 2008,
As Wachingmefall said, try some Cynic. Most of it is in standard, tho, but man, it's mongst the more entertaining metal I've played. Other than that, try some middle - late Dream Theater. Think Metropolis to present time. Should keep you occupied for some time if you find yourself taking a liking to their music.
Also, check out Pain of Salvation. Not the hardest things to play, but it's alot of fun too. To get you into them, Rope Ends. UG should have a tab.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
The red chord's bass player follows around the guitars which are sick. Pantera's basslines are pretty good and audible.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Nutter_101
Maybe Symphony X, Protest The Hero, Dream Theater, maybe even Nickelback. I know they aren't metal, but meh.

This post just sounds wrong...
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by SlayedInTheFace

And no ****ing Iron Maiden, they simply aren't heavy enough! And I can't get into them..

Blasphemy!!

Edit: to be constructive, try megadeth-peace sells or for some all around wankery, try metallica-anesthesia(pulling teeth)
Quote by watchingmefall

And I just changed color

This, plus Gordian Knot, Sadus, Watchtower and Spiral architect.
Quote by peewt
Coroner. You will be amazed.

+1,000

Coroner's music is outrageous.