For Christmas I got an Ibanez Acoustic guitar. Whenever I bend a note, I get this weird scraping sound/feeling coming from my frets. I know it's not touching the wood, because it makes that noise when I press and bend directly on the fret. Maybe it just needs breaking in? Can anyone help me out or tell me why it's doing this?
Quote by darkwolf291
try getting the frets sanded some

I wouldn't.
Check the frets for smoothness. Are you sure it isn't the natural sound the string makes when you bend it?
Sometimes they will be a little rough, just play it a little and the frets will be smoother, you don't necessarily need to get work done to it though, just let the strings work out the imperfections.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by Horlicks
I wouldn't.
Check the frets for smoothness. Are you sure it isn't the natural sound the string makes when you bend it?

I'm positive it isn't a natural sound, but if I scratch my fingernail on the fret, it makes the same sound. I wonder if it's not just something that will work itself out.
The more you play the more the area where you bend will become sanded down from the string.

Just break it in, it'll go away.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I bought a brand new Epi Sg Special with this same prob, but after playing it for a few weeks it went any on its own. If you see no sings of it going away after a while then do something about, like fret sanding.The less you play/bend the longer it will probably take
Quote by Mitchell?
You could go at your frets with 000 grade steel wool.

This is a great idea. I've been meaning to do it to my guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
They sell guitar fret sanding bars.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel