I was thinking...if I stick a playing card near my pickup, with one end loose, and then slap it down onto the pickup every so often, will it make a good percussive noise. I dont have my ellecy with me, so I cant try it right now.

Any thoughts?
not unles you have a metal playing card.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Quote by evilbeaver22
not unles you have a metal playing card.

some thin metal plate that bends shouldn't be too hard to find though
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

Yeah. What makes pickups sound is vibrating metal, so I doubt it'd work unless the card was metal or really ****in thick.
I don't think you're going to get the result you're looking for. Any ferrous metal object that touches or hits the pickups is going to make a snap or pop noise, not a bass-like percussive sound. Try bringing the blade of your pocketknife or a screwdriver in proximity to the pickups. It doesn't sound all that good.
Quote by KG6_Steven
I don't think you're going to get the result you're looking for. Any ferrous metal object that touches or hits the pickups is going to make a snap or pop noise, not a bass-like percussive sound. Try bringing the blade of your pocketknife or a screwdriver in proximity to the pickups. It doesn't sound all that good.

Once upon a time, a member of this forum had the brilliant idea of taking a single coil pickup, a can. a jack and last but not least, a pot for volume.

He made the pickup be next to a part of the can, the jack here and the volume knob on a side. When he hit on where the higher strings should be it made a sound like the Floor tom of a drum and when hit where the lower strings were supposed to be it sounded like a snare drum.

It's possible as long as you use something metal-like.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P