View poll results: Which one?
Rogue
2 20%
Dean Edge
1 10%
Dean Zone
7 70%
Voters: 10.
Tell your friend to save a bit longer, those basses are probably barely playable, especially ordered online when you can't see or try out what you're buying.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by wouldyakindly
Tell your friend to save a bit longer, those basses are probably barely playable, especially ordered online when you can't see or try out what you're buying.

this.

maybe a used Ibanez GSR series on ebay.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
this.

maybe a used Ibanez GSR series on ebay.

I second this.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
The edge zone... it at least LOOKS ready to rock...
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
Quote by derekwalden_-33
No Ebay. Please, just out of these 3 basses. Were getting one of these three on Saturday, whether theyre worth a damn or not.

Not meaning to be an ass, but I stated no other options.

Well, you seem to be rather dead-set. Make sure to try out all three of em, pick the one you like best.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Well, the thing I hate about trying out basses is, yeah, they sound good on a great amp - even a **** guitar will, but will a **** guitar sound good on a cheap/bad amp?

When I was trying out the Dean Edge 09 through a Marshall bass stack (Dont remeber which one) in Virginia, It sounded like sex. I figured I would pick one up when I got home, save the packing. I ended up trying one out here through some amp I had never heard of, and it sounded like a goat anally raping a quarter. Yeah thats right, George was a'squealing.

So, yeah... Haha.
Quote by derekwalden_-33
Well, the thing I hate about trying out basses is, yeah, they sound good on a great amp - even a **** guitar will, but will a **** guitar sound good on a cheap/bad amp?

When I was trying out the Dean Edge 09 through a Marshall bass stack (Dont remeber which one) in Virginia, It sounded like sex. I figured I would pick one up when I got home, save the packing. I ended up trying one out here through some amp I had never heard of, and it sounded like a goat anally raping a quarter. Yeah thats right, George was a'squealing.

So, yeah... Haha.

Still, entry level instruments tend to be like that. So your best bet is to start out with comfort as your main priority. You will play a good sounding but less comfy instrument less then a bad sounding, more comfy one. If sound is an issue, you should put more buck towards a new amp later. As you said, even entry level instruments tend to sound good on better amps.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Out of those, I'd pick the Edge. It has a much better body and headstock design than the others. The other two look like they might need scuba gear.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 26, 2008,
Just not the Rogue.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic