I'm gonna buy a new amp and i am hesitating between differents models of Vox, i play melodic blues/rock/metal, i didn't play live only practice:

Vox VR15
Vox VR30
Vox DA5
Vox DA10
Vox AD15VT
Vox AD30VT

If just home by your self practice then the Vox AD15VT. for a band practice get the Vox AD30VT. One of those mostly for the versitality, multiple amp styles clean and overdriven. I have the AD15VT and i use it for quieter practice, even band practice in a small room, ive also used it at my school in the gym for a show, and ran it at bout 11 clock and it was loud enough. Get the AD30VT just for a slight amount of head room volume wise. Otherwise the AD15VT is good enough.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
The DA series doesnt have as many EQ knobs I think I just has 1 eq knob labled Tone. The VR series I think is more of a vintage sound, so I dont know that you could do much metal with it, unless you had pedal distortion, or overdrive. it also lacks Mid range EQ.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
I decided to drop Vox VR so what's the difference between Vox AD and Vox DA?
Last edited by rocker313 at Dec 25, 2008,
The AD has all your EQ knobs mid hi low the Da has a knob labeld tone. the AD have more power. the DA is more portable ... can run on batteries... but id go with the AD
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust