Hey,

So I'm trying to figure out how to get this Porcupine Tree sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq_9b2SswFQ
That big fat distorted sound. I can't figure out any combination of amp/guitar tones that will do it. My guitar has 2 single coils and a humbucker, and my amp has drive, trebel, bass, and mid knobs. Any help?

Thanks
the video subscription says "The Fender Stratocaster goes effect-less into a VOX valvetronix 30W, and then through a SM58 Shure microphone, to the mixing table and finally to the computer. I use Audacity for sound processing and Windows Movie Maker for mixing audio and video."

that combo should work
In all honsty, you won'y get it. Having seen Porcupine Tree live myself, I know how huge their guitar rig is. Basically, unless you have a monstrous rack, 4 cabs and two pedal boards, you aren't going to achieve it. They barely do themselves.

EDIT: Don't listen to me, I'm full of ****. Youtube isn't working for me and assumed the link you posted was an actualy Porcupine Tree recording Listen to the guy above.
Quote by bucky844
the video subscription says "The Fender Stratocaster goes effect-less into a VOX valvetronix 30W, and then through a SM58 Shure microphone, to the mixing table and finally to the computer. I use Audacity for sound processing and Windows Movie Maker for mixing audio and video."

that combo should work

I am not familiar with this....most of my experience is with acoustic stuff.