Poll: what do you think is/was the worst generation of music on a whole?
Poll Options
View poll results: what do you think is/was the worst generation of music on a whole?
60's
12 7%
70's
5 3%
80's
33 20%
90's
17 10%
00's
95 59%
Voters: 162.
Page 1 of 2
poll
Hack up her body, put it in plastic bags, and dump it in the woods. This will get you a laugh 9 times out of 10.

So, how are your iPods and your games, and your $200 jeans this Christmas. I got a ceramic horse.

Exo M6

OWNED
Poll Thread - Poll = Fail.

...00s
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Beakwithteeth
All generations had good and bad music.

This.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Why do people always focus on ragging on bad mysic and whine on music they don't like? Find the music you like and just listen to it and stop complaning about music you don't listen to. It's that simple.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I've only really been around properly for one of them.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Long answer:
Everything sucks for one reason or another, depending on who you talk to.

Short answer:
I hate the 80's.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Why do people always focus on ragging on bad mysic and whine on music they don't like? Find the music you like and just listen to it and stop complaning about music you don't listen to. It's that simple.

I know what you mean, And i agree.
Except this time the TS is only asking wich one was the worst generation, He isn't actually badmouthing any artist or genré.

I chose 00's The generation of Emo, Rap, RnB, Indie, And a little bit of metal makes this Generation the worst COMPARED to the previous ones.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by G-loony
I know what you mean, And i agree.
Except this time the TS is only asking wich one was the worst generation, He isn't actually badmouthing any artist or genré.

I chose 00's The generation of Emo, Rap, RnB, Indie, And a little bit of metal makes this Generation the worst COMPARED to the previous ones.

What he said^

Personally I ONLY listen to the LLAMA genré. It makes me wet downstairs.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
I've only really experienced the 00s. I'm only 17

But from what I've heard from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s I think that the 00s are lacking.
Quote by imdeth
I've only really experienced the 00s. I'm only 17

But from what I've heard from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s I think that the 00s are lacking.

Well, We still have 1 year to make it right...
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
None.

There's never been a bad generation. Ever. To say so is just being closed minded and self centered, IMO.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I dunno.

I have less music from the 80's that I like compared to any other decade, so I'll say that.
Quote by fallenangel20
None.

There's never been a bad generation. Ever. To say so is just being closed minded and self centered, IMO.

Self centred? =/
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
Self centred? =/

Only terms I could think of while typing partially fast.

In other words, too self absorbed into their styles of music.

Not necesarrily elitist, just stubborn.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
Only terms I could think of while typing partially fast.

In other words, too self absorbed into their styles of music.

Not necesarrily elitist, just stubborn.

Maybe he's just talkin' bout his g-g-g-generation?

(you saw it coming)
I'd say the 80's hair metal scene or the "00's" was the "worst" generation of music. There's still contemporary music that I listen to, but I still believe there's a greater number of terrible mainstream bands in this generation than in the previous ones mentioned.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'd say the 80's hair metal scene or the "00's" was the "worst" generation of music. There's still contemporary music that I listen to, but I still believe there's a greater number of terrible mainstream bands in this generation than in the previous ones mentioned.

IMO, the only reason people think mainstream music in the 00s is so bad is because we're around it so much.

The reason we can look back and love some of the 70s pop music, and the 80s synth pop, etc. is because we weren't hearing it every few minutes constantly on the radio, or there when it was new.

In a few years, when music's changed, and we look back on what we think as downright annoying now, we'll probably have a different outlook on it.

Saxo-Walrus

00s, no doubt about it. 80s and early 90s were the best!!
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fallenangel20
IMO, the only reason people think mainstream music in the 00s is so bad is because we're around it so much.

The reason we can look back and love some of the 70s pop music, and the 80s synth pop, etc. is because we weren't hearing it every few minutes constantly on the radio, or there when it was new.

In a few years, when music's changed, and we look back on what we think as downright annoying now, we'll probably have a different outlook on it.

I agree that that makes sense, but it doesn't change my opinion on the matter

Then again, look at The Beatles - old people still go crazy for them 40+ years later and they must have had a prominent presence in the airwaves back in their prime (even now on classic rock stations).
Quote by fallenangel20
None.

Really, I voted 80s just cause of the spandex.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
Never.

I just 'lol'ed atyour avi!

Topic needs moar b00bs:

(Invalid img)

Oh, the poll indicates that the majority of the pit monkeys dislikes nowaday's music the most! I would have never guessed!

In order to contribute:
i can't belive people voted for the 60's. 80's was so tacky, thats why it should win
Page 1 of 2