I just got a Randall RG50TC for christmas but it didn't come with the power cord or 4 button footswich and it was the older model of the amp so we are sending it back. I might want to get the money back and get a Bugera 6262-212 combo instead, or should just stick with the Randall?

other amp recommendations are acceptable under $700. I play mostly power metal, thrash metal and classic metal but i also play classic rock and some blues. Also this would be my first tube amp.
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
The Bugera is great for that, also check out the 333 combo, ive just got one and it a great metal amp, never need to turn the gain up full either
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
The Bugera is great for that, also check out the 333 combo, ive just got one and it a great metal amp, never need to turn the gain up full either

i heard Bugera's are unreliable and/or aren't good for a first tube amp. have you had any problems?
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
You can say pretty much any amp is unreliable depending on who is asked. Yeah, Bugera does cut costs and aren't the highest quality, but they are as reliable as any other amp that is $600. People are usually just worried because they are a branch of Behringer and they take some of the bad reports way too far.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You can say pretty much any amp is unreliable depending on who is asked. Yeah, Bugera does cut costs and aren't the highest quality, but they are as reliable as any other amp that is $600. People are usually just worried because they are a branch of Behringer and they take some of the bad reports way too far.

I think i will stick with the Bugera then. If anything goes wrong, i can always send it back correct?
Last.fm

Quote by acdcrocks0323
Yeah. From what I have heard, all of the malfunctions happen almost immediately. If you get an amp that lasts more than a week then you will have one that will last a long time.

alright, thanks for the help.
Last.fm

bump. i still have time to decide. what should i do. the only thing holding me back from the Bugera is its 120 watts and i usually play in my bedroom.
Last.fm

Quote by Guitarfanatic93
bump. i still have time to decide. what should i do. the only thing holding me back from the Bugera is its 120 watts and i usually play in my bedroom.

HAHA dude.. do you live in apartments?
don't worry about it unless your folks really mind..
Quote by LPlayer
HAHA dude.. do you live in apartments?
don't worry about it unless your folks really mind..

no i dont. i think im going to take my chances and get the bugera
Last.fm

id rather get the 333 or 333 xl than the 6262 if i were you. the 6262 can't do much besides modern metal, where as the 333 has a bit more "thrashy" voicing as well as more versatility
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
id rather get the 333 or 333 xl than the 6262 if i were you. the 6262 can't do much besides modern metal, where as the 333 has a bit more "thrashy" voicing as well as more versatility

ok, is the 333xl worth it? or should i just get the 333?
Last.fm

Quote by Guitarfanatic93
ok, is the 333xl worth it? or should i just get the 333?

if you can afford the xl, go for it, i just didnt specify which one you should buy because i dont know how much they cost
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
if you can afford the xl, go for it, i just didnt specify which one you should buy because i dont know how much they cost

i have $750USD to spend to. so i will have enough for the xl. too bad i have to wait like 3 weeks to get it.
Last.fm