bought it for myself but anyway if you know about mics you will know this is the best. very happy!

Looks like a robot's penis..

/don't know anything about microphones.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Nice, doesn't say anything to me but it looks cool
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Looks like a robot's penis..

/don't know anything about microphones.

The U87 is a pretty good mic, but for my money I prefer the Woodpecker by Blue. Sounds just as good (if not better) for 2 grand less. But congratulations on acquiring a great recording workhorse, you'll get some really good and warm tracks from that baby.
Quote by yasebya
The U87 is a pretty good mic, but for my money I prefer the Woodpecker by Blue. Sounds just as good (if not better) for 2 grand less. But congratulations on acquiring a great recording workhorse, you'll get some really good and warm tracks from that baby.

i got it used from a relative for 800 quid
Holy smokes! That's quite a deal. Now I'm jealous. But I still prefer my Woodpecker...nothing beats a good ole ribbon mic.
Quote by yasebya
Holy smokes! That's quite a deal. Now I'm jealous. But I still prefer my Woodpecker...nothing beats a good ole ribbon mic.

do you not have issues with preamp volume?