i'm thinking about starting a project but i'm worried about slotting my fretboard soi was swondering if there were any websites that i could order a pre-slotted fretboard?
stew-mac.com has em. ive been looking at the same thing and putting some stuff together.
Quote by stonepriest
stew-mac.com has em. ive been looking at the same thing and putting some stuff together.

He's in the UK, so its fine for hardware but for wood not so good.

Craft Supplies won't have ebony for 5 months, but they have rosewood, and kingswood and a few other bits. Luthier Supplies also sell loads in custom scale lenghts, but they can't radius it for you.
exotic woods is where i got mine, good quality.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I would say say luthiers supplies

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Stewmac sells them all my previous guitars have been with them. For my acoustic I'm using LMI since you can get them with no radius (easier to inlay) and they have many more options for wood and scale length. Also Eric at projectguitar.com sells them.
Quote by Absent Mind
I would say say luthiers supplies

Before I had personal experience and was going purely on its reputation I would too. They really messed me about, didn't reply to 2 emails, I phoned then he sounded really bored and didn't have any idea if they had what I wanted. The second thing I can forgive, fair enough they sell loads. Then he said he'd phone me back in a day. 4 weeks later he phoned me back telling me half what I wanted. So yeah.

Also, they can't radius boards anymore.
^ Thats unlucky but he was really helpful and a nice guy when I phoned him

definatly take them over daft supplies these days, they sent me the wrong fretboard 3 times when I ordered from them and the maple neck lams were not the low quality as well.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Right listen here, for the Uk(which i live in :P) Go to luthier supplies, its the best company we have got! A small family owned buisness, all you have to do is send him an email or ring him up and he will gladly do anything for you., for cheap prices and amazing quality.

http://www.luthierssupplies.co.uk/
I can do em for you for about £20 including price of wood obviously depending on which wood you wanted.

I found Luthier Supplies to be really slack at getting back. Spoke to David Dyke himself about a plain maple neck blank and he said he'd ring back within the week. 2 Months later I was still chasing him for it. Eventually it turned up and had a massive shake all the way down it and was rotten in the middle. Charged me £40 for it too for just a plain maple neck blank 2"x4"x30". Rip off and unreliable.
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Dec 26, 2008,