I didn't know if to bump the old thread, or make a new one. So the attention ***** I am I made this. So who loves this series like I do? I think it's one of the most epic of all time, and Roland is one BAMF. If they don't ever make a movie, I WILL, haha. The only complaint I had was the last three books, Wolves of Calla, Susana's Song, and the last one. They deviated from the original books spirit so much... like the monsters were so... dunno. Anyways, love these books more than life, and they demolish books like Harry Pooter.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
I hope to god they don't make it into a film.

or even a series of films.

It just wouldn't work
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I hope to god they don't make it into a film.

or even a series of films.

It just wouldn't work
They are.

JJ Abrams of Lost fame is attached to direct.
Quote by RedDeath9
I'm thinking about reading them. Sounds pretty good.

Do it dude. If I could recommend any books, it'd be these. I'd say they have more poewr and influence behind them than the bible.

http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Dark-Tower-Series_W0QQprZ1655403QQtgZinfo

Half.com, the best place to get any book. I bought like three hardcover books for like 12 bucks. That's the first three in paperback for like 30.
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

AMAZING series of books, completely grabbed me i think my favourite is the wizard and glass when you learn about his past. I thiink it is my favourite series of books i have ever read.

As for a movie, well...i could see different parts of the books where King seems to have written it in a way that almost makes it seem like he wanted a movie out of it, not too sure it would be great though. It's just not tht kind of series, but then again i could be shown wrong.
haha i just did a thesis on this series, i was actually considering making a thread about it. i thought the series was brilliant. i have to say, blaine the mono = best character ever... or maybe eddie
The only thing greater than the actual book is seeing a movie interpretation of it, so you can compare what you imagined everything to look like in your mind, and then see how King envisioned it, if they let him direct like he does most his movies. My first is the favorite. He's really mysterious, and when he unloads on Tull, that sold it for me. I was hooked.
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

Quote by freedoms_stain
They are.

JJ Abrams of Lost fame is attached to direct.

oh just ruin my fucking christmas why don't you?

The only thing he's done that hasn't made me want to claw my eyes out is cloverfield.

I just can't see how it'd work on film.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.

The only thing he's done that hasn't made me want to claw my eyes out is cloverfield.

I just can't see how it'd work on film.I thought it might work if they did a long running high quality animated thing, thinking Afro Samurai art style.

I don't know how they're going to get through 7 books worth of material with 1 12 year old kid playing Jake.

I just can't see how it'd work on film.
cloverfield was good. i think they should get like wes craven or pete travis to direct
Quote by freedoms_stain
I thought it might work if they did a long running high quality animated thing, thinking Afro Samurai art style.

I don't know how they're going to get through 7 books worth of material with 1 12 year old kid playing Jake.

if they do anime...i will not watch it, i really dont like anime. they should get like kevin spacey to do it, thatd be hilarious... well i could see spacey being like jack mort or like walter odim
Does anyone else have Gunslinger Born?

It's quite cool to see Rolands early life in pictures, but I think the art style is too dark, every page is like 60% pure black shadow.
i recently started reading this series. i've heard it mentioned a lot on here, so i bought a set with the first 4 books. i'm almost done with the 2nd book, and so far the series is really good.
Quote by daytripper75
i recently started reading this series. i've heard it mentioned a lot on here, so i bought a set with the first 4 books. i'm almost done with the 2nd book, and so far the series is really good.

the third book is awesome, just wait til you get like halfway through that. youll be like in awe
Best actor to play Roland himself? Dunno, maybe Hugh Jackman.
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

Quote by daytripper75

wait until you get to the 4th
IMO the best purely because of the amount of emotional envolvement you get from it
Quote by WhitePonyDftons
if they do anime...i will not watch it, i really dont like anime. they should get like kevin spacey to do it, thatd be hilarious... well i could see spacey being like jack mort or like walter odim
I don't care, I think it's the only way they can bring this story to screen without everything looking fucking stupid.

This book features men with rat, weasel and bird heads, these are not things that are going to look even half way decent in a live action movie, even with CGI.

And there is no actor who is going to look like Clint Eastwood. At least if they animate it Eastwood could do voice.
Quote by Da Squiz
Best actor to play Roland himself? Dunno, maybe Hugh Jackman.

i actually think Jackman would be good.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I don't care, I think it's the only way they can bring this story to screen without everything looking fucking stupid.

This book features men with rat, weasel and bird heads, these are not things that are going to look even half way decent in a live action movie, even with CGI.

And there is no actor who is going to look like Clint Eastwood. At least if they animate it Eastwood could do voice.

they did it with lord of the rings....

i know.

ill show myself out
Meh, it's a wonder what make up and CGI can do. Plus, that's not til the last books, which would take years to get to.
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

Quote by Da Squiz
Meh, it's a wonder what make up and CGI can do. Plus, that's not til the last books, which would take years to get to.

well they should get an early start....like NOW
Lol, well they've had about thirty years since the first book. I'd just really like to see the book interpreted into a movie, I think this is one of the most slept on series ever.
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

Quote by Da Squiz
Lol, well they've had about thirty years since the first book. I'd just really like to see the book interpreted into a movie, I think this is one of the most slept on series ever.

yea me too, but remember King went back and "fixed" little flaws in the first book in the 2003 or something
Yeah, but they were minor plot holes. And of course a movie would be a bit edited, but not drastically. A lot of the sex scenes that are common in Kings works... I think he went the most wrong with including himself in the books.
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

why does every decent book have to be made into a film?

why can't they just be left as books?

Quote by element4433
It's interesting to see another persons interpretation, and compare it to your own. From the marketing stand-point, $.
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

i thought this thread was going to be about Bono
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by Da Squiz
It's interesting to see another persons interpretation, and compare it to your own. From the marketing stand-point, $.

then form a book club.

I'm not on about the decisions to make the films. that's easy enough, if there's demand for a product someone will make that product. but I don't understand why the demand is there.

Seriously, when you finished the books did you think to yourself "I need to see someone else's interpretation of this story"?

Quote by element4433
No, but I think it's interesting to get someone elses opinion on a book I enjoyed. It's an awesome way to kinda share something.
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

Quote by Da Squiz
No, but I think it's interesting to get someone elses opinion on a book I enjoyed. It's an awesome way to kinda share something.

but what made you want a film as opposed to say, discussing the book over the internet?

you've justified (to yourself at least) the demand after the fact but haven't explained why you wanted a film to be made in the first place.

Quote by element4433
Don't read these books.
Please.

The ending ruined my life.
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Billie Joe is a really good guitarist, Green Day is like the best shred band around.

^Fails.
Quote by ~Led~Zepp~Owns~
Don't read these books.
Please.

The ending ruined my life.
The ending implies an ending though.

Trying not to give any spoilers here.
If I ever have to shoot someone I intend to recite the gunslingers mantra.

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.
I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."

That'd be awesome.
I ****ing love those books. Read the series 3 times haha.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by freedoms_stain
The ending implies an ending though.

Trying not to give any spoilers here.

I want closure
I NEED closure.

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Billie Joe is a really good guitarist, Green Day is like the best shred band around.

^Fails.