so ive been gasing for a strat for the longest time now, recently, i aqquired a 100 dollar gift card for amazon, and i saw this

http://www.amazon.com/SST-Electric-Guitar-Vintage-White/dp/B001HT3BEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1230247444&sr=1-2

the specs look great, the alder body is enough to make me want it because i can use it as a project guitar.

the problem is, it just seems too good to be true, its less than my squire (which is made out of agathis ) im afraid its going to fall apart when i get it or something,

i dont expect it to be as good as a fender stratocaster but just good enough to play clean songs and hendrix tunes, my mom is going to think im wasting my money on this, but the beuty of having a gift card is i can order it without her knowing and hide it or something.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Nope, its not too good to be true. They sell those at Rondo Music at the same price. I've never played one, but I'm sure it would be good for a project.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
now i just gotta convince my parents. i wish i could play one first, i think theres a place near me that sells agiles. maybe ill check them out
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
dont be scared of what your parents are gonna think just do it they gave you the card didnt they? spend it on what you want.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
"solid Alder (not plywood) body "

I kinda laughed when I saw that.

Anyway,it doesn't look half bad,not a name brand so there isn't that extra cash thrown in for the name on the headstock.I'd do some research on them and play test one if I were you.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
"solid Alder (not plywood) body "

I kinda laughed when I saw that.

Anyway,it doesn't look half bad,not a name brand so there isn't that extra cash thrown in for the name on the headstock.I'd do some research on them and play test one if I were you.

the problem is that they keep comparing it to starter guitars so im afraid its going to be as bad as a starter guitar, but everyone else says otherwise
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Just don't expect any miracles.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Fuzzbox91
the problem is that they keep comparing it to starter guitars so im afraid its going to be as bad as a starter guitar, but everyone else says otherwise

Don't worry, if it's an SX you will be happy (I was with my bass) You wont regret it :3
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Buy from Rondomusic instead, that way, if you don't like it, the owner will take it back and give you a complete refund.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
^ I vote for this also.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Line6
Don't worry, if it's an SX you will be happy (I was with my bass) You wont regret it :3

really i was thinking about getting a bass from them but everybody told me they were crap...