So I got a $200 gift card to Guitar Center for Christmas and I'm in need of a new amp. I also got $25 cash from my grandparents, I will be getting paid about $150 on monday. I also already have $40 cash. So all together I will have $415 to spend on a new amp. However if I wait another 2 weeks I will get $10 from my grandparents for my birthday, and another paycheck that will be about $230 or so. I could also probably get some money from my parents for my birthday. So my questions are should I wait and buy an amp from GC for about $655? Should I wait and buy used for about $455 and use the gift card on effects or a guitar? Or should I buy an amp from GC for about $415? I play classic rock and blues. I only need to go as heavy as GNR and I'm usually playing with a more Led Zeppelin tone. I was looking at a used Marshall JCM's, specifically the JCM 600 which is the same thing as the JTM 600 as I was told over on the Marshall forums, and a used JCM 2000 DSL 401. I like the Marshall crunch, I would like a two or more channel amp because I would rather get my dirt from the amp than from pedals. With all that being said, I still need decent cleans, they don't have to be Fendery cleans, but decent. I know that the Marshalls I am looking at are some of the better Marshall cleans, but is there another amp that would fit me better? I like the price on the Palomino v50 but I have not heard any demos of it and the GC's around me don't carry them so I would have to order it online.

EDIT: I have a Green Russian Big Muff, and a Digitech Screamin' Blues for pedals.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Last edited by lbj273 at Dec 25, 2008,
bump
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
wait till you get more money.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
The Palomino V50 is a great choice for you. I'd say get it!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009