These are the first complete songs that I've ever written. I've gotten good feedback from most everyone who's heard it, but I wanted to see what the UG community thought. Both songs are on the music player under the names on the thread title.

www.myspace.com/martingachiri

The Martin Gachiri Experience is not a serious name, I just thought it looked cool. The profile is basically me recording my ideas, most of them acoustic.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
I liked Memoirs of a Broken Heart (nice name by the way) more than You. Backing vocals in You didn't sound that good to me. Your calm singing style is cool and I think if you brought some contrast into the song and had a powerful chorus or climax, it would improve the song and emphasise that part a lot, especially because your vocals are pretty quiet. Decent songs, reminded me a little of Jack Johnson

C4C, link in my sig
First song: Sweet track. You have a good solid base for a potentually really good song. You're song writing ability is apparent, you just need practice at putting the mix together in a more professional way. May I ask your method of recording? You need to work that voice a little harder, it's not a bad voice just needs a bit more...variable pitches and clarity...just more dynamic. It sounds like you are not interested what you are singing...as if you only singing it because nobody else will. I'm sure that's not the case, it just needs to more spark. Lyrics are fine, just a little predictable at times but nothing horrendous

Next song is slightly better. Song writing wise it's very good indeed, lyrics seem to flow better than the first. But again, very similar in what it needs to be a better produced song. I'm not sure what kind of sound you're aiming for, but to me it needs more to it. Overall though, well written songs.
Orophin
Yeah the recording method is ghetto as hell, just me recording in my room with a USB mic on my laptop. I was actually trying to be quiet when I recorded it haha. I'm planning on recording in a decent studio in the next coming months, so I'll probably post up those recordings when they're finished.

Thanks for the critique.
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Memoirs of a Broken Heart- This is good, nice use of a chill, Jack Johnson vibe. The guitar starts to get repetitive but you break it up with some different rhythms and chord changes, and it works. I like your voice- it would definitely sound better if you weren't trying to be quiet while singing. Lyrics are alright, but work.

You- I like the harmonies a lot. Lyrics are a little cliche, but the guitar and singing are cool. I like the chord choices- good use of 7th and extensions, it makes your sound more interesting and complex than if you stuck to basic major and minor forms. Nice work.

Crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033975
Broken Heart-
Great song, only thing that i can comment on is to try to sing like your not trying to be quiet, like the guy above said. The lyrics are great, I personally can relate to what your talking about, I can really understand the feeling in the song

You-
I really like the guitar rhythm and chord progression, the lyrics are kinda cliche, but its ok. I personally dont care. Great song, i like the style of your music.

Thanks for the crits on mine
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Enertia
Hey thanks for the comment, I already left a crit on yours hehe

Haha sorry man. I got used to putting "C4C" in every thread I was posting in
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Thanks for the crit broski.
As far as "memoirs"--I Like the chord progression, kind of played out before, but it fit really nice with the overall mood. the guitar sounds great. The lyrics arnt my bag, but I'm still impressed with the overall song writing ability. Theres some background humming when tracks come in and out that could be cleaned up with a noise gate. Nice, though.
straight forward style...it's a nice song...guitar is well played and vocals are shaky at times but delivery is well suited for the song...it seems a little long while listening but i see that it isn't so i wonder if there was something that u could do to break it up a bit...

always like that chill cali style

cheers, d

www.searchpartyrocks.com