So yep. I got $50 from my parents for xmas and most likely another $50 from family tomorrow. I'm also getting maybe $200 next week for my b-day (31st hehe i know). I'm looking to spend $550 to $600 and I play mostly metal, speed metal and classic rock.
Sadly i only have a squier strat and I've been playing for 5 years. I'm too damn good for this guitar (no bragging). Oh and I have an liking towards Ibanez idk why lol. Any help would be appreciated and please back-up what your opinion don't just say get this or that. thank you
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Schecter.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

ive looked into schecter some
i like the c-1 and the blackjack
even the newer hellraisers
pretty good guitars
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Quote by LocalDealer14
ESP Viper-400 is a good heavy guitar.

why? EMG 81/85 pick ups

but what if he doesnt LIKE emgs
or any active pups just cuz of the battery
EMGs are good pups though, i like them
not everyone does though, especially with the 81/85 set
i personally like blackouts better
i like EMG's they tend to have more bite to them. but i do prefer blackouts

and yeah i saw the sales on musicians friend cept i wont have the money i need till late january.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
well if you're not american (cause this guitar ain`t for sale there) i'd recomend a schecter demon, because i tryed at a shop and kinda fell in love with it... i love the duncan active pups, and the 24 mega jumbo frets. try it out if you can. and if you're american, ive one or two schecter a try, you might get happily surprised
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Yeah, I'm from America. Has anyone messed around with an Ibanez RG5EX1?? It's cheaper than most, has an Edge III tremolo and i could always replace the pups if needed.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Edge 3 tremolos arent considered good from what i've heard..
ZR tremolos and Edge Pros are considered the best.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

If it helps any I usually play through my vocalists Peavey 6505 stack his brother has, when we gig, of course, with my Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, which yes it's sounds amazing through that amp. (I'm sort of a little Tone OCD)
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Last edited by shanglejr11 at Dec 25, 2008,
I've looked at the S320 which has the ZR Tremolo, never played it tho. I heard it's really light which is a plus for me
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Any thoughts on the Schecter Damien FR??
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
S320 w/ DiMarzio d-sonic in the bridge = win

But that's just my personal opinion,since I like both Ibanez and that particular DiMarzio.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

D-sonic has the rail right?? I'm pretty sure my friend has that in his LTD. they do sound pretty damn good.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Quote by Pr0gNut
S320 w/ DiMarzio d-sonic in the bridge = win

But that's just my personal opinion,since I like both Ibanez and that particular DiMarzio.

Yeah i'd go with this suggestion. the D sonic is mint and that guitar is too heh

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
INot calling that form crappy as in a deruagatory term, but that slow lilting blues, that gives off the feeling of just being in the crapper