Its all in the title. I want to learn how to transcribe a song by ear, but since i've never done it, I need a few easy ones to start off with. All help is appreciated ^_^
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I was hoping for something a bit more specific...honestly, I don't know where to start.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Defenitley songs that have been drilled into your head will be easier, so yeah, what do you listen to?
Just last week I learned my first song by ear (The Warmth by Incubus). Basically I was just diddling around and played one note and thought it sounded familiar. I just played around with it for a bit and then realized what the song was and started listening to the song, trying to listen to the direction and interval of the pitch change for each note in the basic riff. What I mean to say is start with an easy song and try to find one note or chord and then work from there. Worked for me. Also something that has a simple, repeating riff is a good idea in my opinion.
What about Nirvana? I'm thinking either All Apologies or Heart-Shaped Box. I've glanced at them before, but I don't really remember much, except that they're both in Drop D.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
I already know SLTS...otherwise I would. Oh! What about rape me? I have the intro bit down, but what about the rest of the song?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
.... you dont have to follow the guitar..

follow vocal melodies.. bass lines.. simple licks.

try and pick out those children classics like ABCs(twinkle twinkle), Happy B-Day... other lil light tunes you know by heart..

also if you dont already know them... you need to know the major, and all 3 minor scales.. at a minimum
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
I know major, and melodic minor ascending. Melodic Minor Descending is just 1, 2, 3b, 4, 5, 6b, 7, correct? or is the 7 flatted and the 6 natural?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300