hey guys sorry if theres already a thread on this but i happen to quite like this band and ive been receiving some rather unpleasant comments on my musical tastes on metal archives

http://www.metal-archives.com/

its p***ed me off for the final time and i struggle to see how they are Nu metal in the slightest,this wasnt meant to be a cross thread but im sick and tired of all the BM elitists and so called defenders of metal bashing this band, i listen to some very heavy music ie Nasum,Death,Gory blister and stuff so i can see things at at both ends of the spectrum and i dont see whats wrong with this band Ivans voice may sometimes be offputting and annoying but i think theyre very musically accomplished
99-------------55--------6666-------44-----444
99-------------55-----66-----66-----44-44--44
99-------------55-----66--66666---44--44--44
99-------------55-----66-------66---44--------44
99999999---55------66--------66--44--------44
Quote by Danno13
They are certainly more metal than Oasis, but that's all I'll give ya.

haha i loll'd

but in all seriousness they are definitly not nu metal but id say they are quite metal core as there is a DEFINITIVE hardcore influence in there and after all, thats what metalcore is,

roll on defenders of the faith II
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
Quote by liam9564
hey guys sorry if theres already a thread on this but i happen to quite like this band and ive been receiving some rather unpleasant comments on my musical tastes on metal archives

Good thing you're already used to that then.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
I've never heard them.

So do they stay or do they go?
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by metal archives
Yet another attempt to 'modernise' metal - 35%
Written by Torwilligous on December 5th, 2008

Face it, metal fans: for the majority of people, the traditional forms of metal just aren't cool. They're either too brutal, too raw, too obscure, to focussed on achieving a rich atmosphere, too cheesy or have too many songs about swords and smiting thy foes with the hammerses of destruction, or something. Not only that, but the whole sound of the genre is extremely conservative (ironic given metal and its subgenres started out as ruthlessly anti-conservative - and no, I'm not talking politics here); as the years go on, it becomes more and more apparent that the whole style itself is rather out of step with modern trends. Perhaps that's not quite right; more like separated from trends, ever-existing in it's own eternally static stylistic pocket. Now there's nothing whatsoever wrong with this, and in fact most of you reading this probably think this is a good thing. However, trends do dominate most people's behaviour, and whatever is the current most commonly accepted cultural zeitgeist moulds those who exist within it's sphere of influence. There's nothing inherently wrong with this either; it is often how art and society makes progression.

Onto the album. First off: although this record does indeed suck, there is one fearsomely common and excrementally retarded criticism directed at this band from the legions of 'tr00 metaaaal' that must be cleared up for the sake of my tenuously-held sanity. To whit: "they cant play the instruments, LULZ!" Apparently, some people are so insecure about their standards of artistic appreciation that they have to attribute their entire taste in music to some bull**** 'objective' method like "whether dey can play teh fastest!!1." Unfortunately, such individuals fail even in achieving this witlessly simplistic goal; instead of liking bands who exhibit signs of technical proficiency, they like who they want anyway and then claim anyone they don't like 'suck at their instruments'. In actual fact, every member of Five Finger Death Punch - except maybe the bassist, for he is sadly inaudible - is quite clearly a *technically* better musician than, say, Black Sabbath, or 99% of all black metal ever recorded, or Repulsion, or Ironsword. But does this objective technical superiority make them *artistically* superior to the above bands in any meaningful way?

**** NO.

**** NO!

It takes absolutely ZERO genuine artistic integrity or brilliance - only long and tedious mechanical rehearsal - to correctly perform even the fastest shred in the universe. And there are some fast shreds here, make no mistake; there's competant and precise drumming, the vocalist has a strong voice (and no, I'm not saying it's pleasant to listen to, that's rather different) and the guitar riffs are often rapid and require precision and dexterity to play, especially with the metronomic exactitude on offer here. This band sucks not because they are incompetant musicians, but because their creations are mundane, inane, uninteresting and shallower than the redneck end of the gene pool.

Five Finger Death Punch (stupid, stupid name) attempt to modernise metal to appeal to the current palate; they do this by taking any old thrash they can find lying around the place, reducing it's inherent intensity to make it easier to listen to, and blending it with modern vocal techniques, a dry and flavourless modern production and popular angsty lyrical themes. However, this creates a paradox; metal IS DEFINED by its adherence to an insubstantial stylistic template, and attempting to move outside this is impossible; one ends up not with metal, but with something else more-or-less related to it. Unfortunately, in this case their creation is a horrible thing: soulless, irritating and devoid of atmosphere and creativity.

Though precisely-executed, their riffs are recycled, watered down, grade F thrash castoffs; and these are combined with pointlessly downtuned guitars, efficient but uninspired drumming, and angst so angsty it makes every male sphincter within listening radius clench up for fear of immanent homosexual penetration. There's nothing new here; half of this we've heard billions of REAL metal bands do far better, and half is just ripped pointlessly from the now artistically redundant genre of nu-metal. ALL of their songs are about 'laying the smackdown' (to use the vernacular), or bad relationships, or [insert transplanted nu metal theme here]; their song writing and structuring contain no meaningful variation from one piece to the next, save their massive 'hit' "The Bleeding", which is a ballad - obviously. They're contrived, overpolished, irritating, stupid, vacuous and wildly popular. Because in the current cultural climate, that's what people like.

Unnecessary - 60%
Written by yentass on November 5th, 2008

those said it better than anyone else...

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by mosherhamish
haha i loll'd

but in all seriousness they are definitly not nu metal but id say they are quite metal core as there is a DEFINITIVE hardcore influence in there and after all, thats what metalcore is,

roll on defenders of the faith II

Metalcore is hardcore with a metal influence. FFDP is just bad metal.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
It sounds like nu-metal raping thrash and groove metal. They have no more hardcore elements then any metal band that's formed since 1982.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
It sounds like nu-metal raping thrash and groove metal. They have no more hardcore elements then any metal band that's formed since 1982.

, even worse