My song Stellar...
I'm just waiting on some new recording gear in january and then I'll start making new stuff... I'm excited

Anyways... here's my myspace with the song Stellar (And a short segment of audiobook music i got asked to compose)... Any UGers on myspace add me I'll check you out too

-It gets a bit heavier towards the end so listen all the way through.

Cheers.

http://www.myspace.com/jamieh29
Last edited by Jestah at Dec 25, 2008,
Sounds good -- I like the atmospheric vibe. It's pulled off well. Guitar work is good, and the drum work is good too.

During the verses, I would suggest changing your delivery a little at the end of each line. How would it sound if you set the last syllable up to lead into the next line (this would probably be very effective in bridging the 3rd line and 4th lines)? Because you don't have a traditional chorus, the verse vocal patterns get a little repetitive.

I love the transition at around 3:20.

At the very end, the music is taking off, and the vocals still feel the same as they did at the beginning -- try to make your vocals match the intensity of the music. Or make them softer, and see how it contrasts.

Overall, it's a good song though.
[neat signature]
Thanks for the critique
I'm not sure exactly how you mean I should change the last syllable, I suppose it's hard to explain by words... but I understand what you said about it being a bit repetitive, I should have noticed that earlier on... Do you mean changing the last syllables in the last two lines of a verse? Or in the "chorusy" bit (the penny seems to drop too soon etc..)

Cheers
The vocals are far too dry and weak for such a well-mixed and ambient song. Did you use a dynamic mic by any chance? Definitely time for a condenser methinks.

The song itself sounds to me like Dave Gilmour's 'On An Island' mixed with the Trigger Happy TV theme tune
Quote by kyle62
The vocals are far too dry and weak for such a well-mixed and ambient song. Did you use a dynamic mic by any chance? Definitely time for a condenser methinks.

The song itself sounds to me like Dave Gilmour's 'On An Island' mixed with the Trigger Happy TV theme tune

Yep dynamic
I'm saving up for a condenser mic but I'll have to make do for now
Weak singing wise or just recording wise? Any tips to improve appreciated
I really like these although i agree with most of the people complainging about your vocals. I think the melodies should be switched up alot with your verses cuz this way it's always something unsuspected especially if you throw in little changes all the time. All in all this songs is excellent though. 4 stars!

P.S. I'm adding you on the space as we speak.
I remember hearing that before...have you posted a demo or something? Absolutely loving it man. Makes me want to go off and record something right now! the guitar tone is a bit weak, and the bass could be pushed forward a bit. I had to turn the bass boost on my headphones way up to get any bass at all. The vocals are very good, how are you recording btw? The guitar melody runs a bit thin after a while, try mixing it up a bit.

It's definately a good groove man, keep it up.

can you crit mine please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033109
Great Song. Catchy Vocal Melodies. The whole song has a really nice atmosphere. Nice synths. I like the little echo vocal effect. The Vocals seem to be kinda punchy though (probably due to the mic), some compression could help. I think the percussion could have a little more variation. Reminds me of Ken Andrews' solo work a little. Good Job man.
Quote by DanteR*
Great Song. Catchy Vocal Melodies. The whole song has a really nice atmosphere. Nice synths. I like the little echo vocal effect. The Vocals seem to be kinda punchy though (probably due to the mic), some compression could help. I think the percussion could have a little more variation. Reminds me of Ken Andrews' solo work a little. Good Job man.

Hey cheers
I'd never heard of Ken Andrews before just checked out some of his stuff I'm loving it ^^