I have an electric cuitar and im kinda tired of the paint job...

is it worth it to try and repaint it with a design i have made up?
Of course it's always worth it. Paint and sandpaper all together never runs you more than $30.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
My first time painting I just followed the tutorial in the Ultimate Painting/Refinishing thread..and it turned out great. Take it slow and follow the directions and you can't really screw up. Even if you do screw up, you just sand and start over.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Did you use spray paint of what?

like what i want to do is have a solid green base, with some yellow vine like things on it...

would i stencil those or what?
Quote by A Certain Death
depends on if its a crap guitar or not.

Well that was a dumb post to make.

Quote by KiErAn123
Did you use spray paint of what?

like what i want to do is have a solid green base, with some yellow vine like things on it...

would i stencil those or what?

Spray paint, yep. I used Valspar from Lowes. Yeah you would stencil those.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
how long would i be off the guitar for? casue its my only guitar, and im looking for something better than the purple finish:P
If you don't make any mistakes, probably 2 weeks(If you go with poly laquer and not nitro)
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
If you want to just change the color use spray paint and if you dont care about it not having a factory finish, use clear spray.
Quote by KiErAn123
but seeing as ive never done it, waht risk do i run?

since paint is not a structural or electrical component of a guitar, i would assume that, as long as you can properly reconstruct the guitar that you took apart, you would run absolutely no risk of harming the guitar. Having an ugly guitar is not necessarily "harm".

That being said, make sure you know how to put it back together...
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
hi guys , first of all, sorry for my english, i know, it sucks... ok this is my problem, i have a jackson dinky dx10d and i bought a emg zakk wylde pack, the diagram show the connections but i have a 3 way switch blade type , and i dont know how to connect, i connect ramdomly the to the switch the first time, and was ok perfect in every position, but i have ground, and its perfectly connected like the diagram, how can i do for make the ground go away? my amp its fine my cable too, if i touch the volume or tone knob the ground vanish, but i cant cut my finger for pasted there, i need a solution ... maybe you guys can help me , thanks ,oh and the 9v battery its new
Quote by nirchiocircelli
hi guys , first of all, sorry for my english, i know, it sucks... ok this is my problem, i have a jackson dinky dx10d and i bought a emg zakk wylde pack, the diagram show the connections but i have a 3 way switch blade type , and i dont know how to connect, i connect ramdomly the to the switch the first time, and was ok perfect in every position, but i have ground, and its perfectly connected like the diagram, how can i do for make the ground go away? my amp its fine my cable too, if i touch the volume or tone knob the ground vanish, but i cant cut my finger for pasted there, i need a solution ... maybe you guys can help me , thanks ,oh and the 9v battery its new

Thread jack much?
there is no quote in this box
Quote by A Certain Death
depends on if its a crap guitar or not.

it never matters what guitar it is,it's always worth upgrading, even if it's just paint
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.