Page 1 of 3
well folks, its that time of year again.

yup, that time of year when the gear forums are innundated with a **** ton (yes, that is the technical term) of threads where people like to show off their new gear. and of course, by the same Tolkien some people like to hear about it. but this year is different. why you ask? because i said so dammit!

ok, basicly heres the reason for this thread. if you got a new amp, pedal, cable, tuner, or other doo-dad for christmas, hanukkah, kwanza, festivus, or any other holiday recently then this is your place to share! you cant wait to share about that awesome mesa you got or that killer fuzz pedal, and we cant wait to hear about it. so just do it here and we can keep things a bit more orderly than usual.

basicly, any thread about something aquired over the holidays that isnt in this thread will be closed. exceptions are threads started before this one (or around the same time just to be lenient). the other exception is if you are sharing a full review of your new toy, which must include pictures and some sort of audio/video recording. otherwise, it must be in this thread.

Happy Holidays everyone, hope you love your new gear
I got a pair of 1965 CTS 10" alnico speakers, a quad of 1974 Ceramic CTS speakers, a Telefunken 12AX7, and some extra cash.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
$100 gift certificate to Guitar Center.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
$200 gift card to Guitar Center
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
My grandma bought me a fender FM-212R
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
I got Some jeans... and 20 bucks
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I bought myself a blackheart Handsome Devil and cab and the wife got me a cool rug with a pic of 6 guitars on it.
I just ordered a Krank Rev Jr. Pro with some cash I've been saving from working.
MXR Carbon Copy (which is awesome!), adadpter, patch cable, and around 200 bucks of which I plan to use at guitar center, for one or more of the following options:

- Cables
- Pickups for my Hellraiser
- Telecaster of some sort
New amp (traynor ycv40), and $25 to Guitar Center
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
Quote by lbj273
$200 gift card to Guitar Center

You just had to make me feel bad right?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
^ haha no, I wish it had been cash instead of a gift card though
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
New Ukulele, Zvex Fuzz Factory, and about $250 cash that's going towards a Marshall JTM30 tomorrow (possibly, I have to play it a bit first. I'm also gonna have to trade in/sell my VK112 to go towards it).

Oh, totally forgot...I guess this counts:
I'm also getting voice lessons from the lady who coached the actors in Across the Universe, she lives in my town. I'm pretty psyched about that.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Dec 26, 2008,
I got... a Radial A/B/Y pedal.

Might be buying a P-Bass tomorrow for cheap and trading my G-Flex for an Ear Candy Buzzbomb though. Should be cool.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
A book and $40.

:'(
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I got... a Radial A/B/Y pedal.

Might be buying a P-Bass tomorrow for cheap and trading my G-Flex for an Ear Candy Buzzbomb though. Should be cool.

No one wants to hear about your awesome geat trades here. We still hate you from the Ampeg Incident.

I didn't get any guitar related stuff for Xmas but I do have around £500 that I got for my birthday as well to spend on guitar stuff (My birthday was the 21st).
I didn't get too much on christmas day because my parents found the main thing they were going to get me a few days before christmas that they could only get on the internet so said "you'll have to have it after christmas" - it's a big case for my pedals. they seem to have been a lot more spendy this year than normal.

so from them i just got a guitar strap for a guitar that i'm paying for with my own money (which i don't actually have yet), a capo and some strings. from a friend of the family i got that new haynes gibson les paul manual, which is interesting and features a specific les paul i've seen in action which makes it cool, but i don't actually have a les paul myself gives me a good excuse to get myself one i guess although the information transfers over to SGs perfectly well though.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I got some stuff for my speaker cabinet, an iPod and money to put towards a 5150.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
i got a new printer

canon MP220, she's a beast
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Merry Christmas to me and Merry Christmas to everyone else, hope yall all came out like bandits this year

Per the pic above I got myself a Ampeg VH-140c, Peavey 6505+, Planet Waves tuner pedal and I built myself a ABY box so I can run the amps in stereo.

Also got Gears of War 2 for XBOX 360, Fossil Diamond Series Watch and some cash.
Crate V50 and some money thats going to buying a Metal Muff when I can.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
A book with over 1800 chords, 100 years of Jazz progression documentary, and a 5 guitar stand.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Jackson DK2 Dinky, hard case, some coloured cables & Boss ME-20 FX pedal. This Xmas was a one off, and i highly doubt i'll be getting anything for my Brithday or next Christmas, haha.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
No one wants to hear about your awesome geat trades here. We still hate you from the Ampeg Incident.

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Also got Gears of War 2 for XBOX 360, Fossil Diamond Series Watch and some cash.

I got Gears of War 2 as well, but then I got Grand Theft Auto 4 too, so I've just been shootin hookers since

Got a new watch too, but it's too big for me and I don't have a screwdriver small enough to take out some links, so I have to take it to a jewelry shop. WTF is with watch companies and making their watches impossible to take apart
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
WTF is with watch companies and making their watches impossible to take apart

Well, it's better that it's impossible to take apart than falling apart every second, innit?

OT, I got a DiMarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton for my Les Paul (whose routing for the wire is WAAAY too small to fit one, let alone two of their cables! ) a Gator flight case, a recording interface and I'm still waiting for my Shure SM57 to get here along with the 500k/250k push-pull pots. I also got a bitchin' power strip.

Oh, I got some shirts and an awesome 3-piece suit too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by MatrixClaw

I got Gears of War 2 as well, but then I got Grand Theft Auto 4 too, so I've just been shootin hookers since

Got a new watch too, but it's too big for me and I don't have a screwdriver small enough to take out some links, so I have to take it to a jewelry shop. WTF is with watch companies and making their watches impossible to take apart

I stood in line at the midnight release of GTA4 just to do that very thing lol

Mine is actually just right to a hair too small. And with that said hey its better to have the ability to take a link out then track down a link to add

Thats crazy you need a tools though, every watch I have owned you just push in those tabs with a needle then replace...
Quote by Raijouta
Well, it's better that it's impossible to take apart than falling apart every second, innit?

OT, I got a DiMarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton for my Les Paul (whose routing for the wire is WAAAY too small to fit one, let alone two of their cables! ) a Gator flight case, a recording interface and I'm still waiting for my Shure SM57 to get here along with the 500k/250k push-pull pots. I also got a bitchin' power strip.

Lucky bastard

I got shoes, a sweater, sweatpants, and $100 bucks
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
Lucky bastard

I got shoes, a sweater, sweatpants, and $100 bucks

If it's any consolation, the recording interface is a piece of **** whose guitar input doesn't work no matter what I do, I can't install the pickups myself and am apprehensive about finding someone to do so locally as a result of advice from trusted resources...

The case is ****ing awesome though and DOESN'T SMELL like so many reviews I've read of various others.

EDIT: I'm not the one getting a Splawn Superstock, either.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
If it's any consolation, the recording interface is a piece of **** whose guitar input doesn't work no matter what I do, I can't install the pickups myself and am apprehensive about finding someone to do so locally as a result of advice from trusted resources...

The case is ****ing awesome though and DOESN'T SMELL like so many reviews I've read of various others.

EDIT: I'm not the one getting a Splawn Superstock, either.

I'm using at least $1400 of my own money. They gave me $200, $100 for my Birthday and $100 for Christmas.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by Raijouta

Nice. Wanted the same pickups that Buckethead uses, heh?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Got the Dunlop Cry Baby SW-95 Slash Signature Wah (great Pedal), 6 funny plecs ^^, AC/DC STIFF UPPER LIP DVD, Guns N' Roses Shirt, Money and Sweets
Rock in Rio II:
Axl:

Welcome to the Jungle, we got fun n' games!
Ya learn to live like an animal in the Jungle where we play Yeah! (what the fvck do I sing ?!)
We gi-di jodigly. We gonna Jodeldy. We err get anything you want,...
Very good idea for a thread.

I haven't gotten any gear yet, but I'll be getting a gift card to the local shop for christmas soon, and we'll see what that turns into.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Page 1 of 3