Page 1 of 2
well folks, its that time of year again.

yup, that time of year when the gear forums are innundated with a **** ton (yes, that is the technical term) of threads where people like to show off their new gear. and of course, by the same Tolkien some people like to hear about it. but this year is different. why you ask? because i said so dammit!

ok, basicly heres the reason for this thread. if you got a new guitar for christmas, hanukkah, kwanza, festivus, or any other holiday recently then this is your place to share! you cant wait to share about that awesome strat you got or that killer pointy thing, and we cant wait to hear about it. so just do it here and we can keep things a bit more orderly than usual.

basicly, any thread about something aquired over the holidays that isnt in this thread will be closed. exceptions are threads started before this one (or around the same time just to be lenient). the other exception is if you are sharing a full review of your new toy, which must include pictures and some sort of audio/video recording. otherwise, it must be in this thread.

Happy Holidays everyone, hope you love your new gear
Well, I'll be getting a Sanpera 1 and a couple Duncans (Distortion trembucker and a Full Shred neck) pretty soon.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Got an Epiphone Les paul 100.
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Unknown (Cheap Brand) Fender Stratocaster

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Dean Marley GT-1000T (Less than 5 inchs tall)
Peavey Vypyr 15W
I gotz me an American Standard Strat.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
I gotz me an American Standard Strat.

+1 ME TOO!!!

It was kind of a Birthday/Christmas/Life present. So I cant ask for more, never! But well
what more should I ask for. (I swear I wont ever ask for anything else after I get a JCM800)
My brother and dad put a Tweed Blues Deluxe on layaway at GC for me, and paid the first $100. Should have it by late feb/early march. Should sound pretty sick with last years present, a 2005 Sage Green Metallic on rosewood (EXTREMELY rare color combo) Fender standard strat w/Texas Specials.

I have no real gear photos. Suck.

Last edited by RHCPFitz at Dec 25, 2008,
I got a Fernandes Revolver Elite!

Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by madpickin03
Mine -

Aren't those illegal?
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
havnt taken pics yet lol but Jackson RR3 Rhoads
annnd Line 6 Spider III 120 amp

Quote by CJE
I punched my friend out of a desk and yelled "FATALITY."
Best. Study hall. Evar.
Or like the time I yelled out "WHY DOES IT BURN WHEN I PEEEEEEEE????"
Best. Library time. Evar.

Quote by slaveofsatan
I yelled "I leik t3h mudkipz" in my grade 9 orientation.
I like how Jof is about 50 threads behind, but since he's the mod he gets to take the glory.
Quote by xwarnotwords
This is my New Baby lol
Pic of Les Paul

Don't tell me that wasn't your only gift.

I got bread flour. FFS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Jackson Kelly
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

This Christmas was a one off, and i got 2 major gifts.

Jackson DK2 Dinky in Transparent blue.

Boss ME-20 FX pedal.

Oh, and i got 2 new leads and a hard case.
Bought a Fender FSR Straight Six Strat today with my Xmas monies Pictures to come!
guys, i got me a jimi hendrix signature wah-wah pedal (crybaby) a digi-tech brian may red red special foot padal (last one to ever roll off the assembly line) and a digi=tech rp90

oops its digi-tech rp90
(Invalid img)

finally got a lap top i can use with my music.

and faz dont come to ny with that butterfly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
im gonna rob ur studio with it...

bah! im so jealous...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by jj1565
(Invalid img)

finally got a lap top i can use with my music.

and faz dont come to ny with that butterfly.

wow i thought for a second that gibson made laptops
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by madpickin03
im gonna rob ur studio with it...

bah! im so jealous...

it was a complete surprise. purple, and it's loaded. *does dance

^haha gibson lap top
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
it was a complete surprise. purple, and it's loaded. *does dance

^haha gibson lap top

What's special about this laptop?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
i don't know. i got it for christmas, and it's got a lot of extras for music aplications.
which is why i put it here.

i was just goofing with faz about it cause we do that sometimes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
i don't know. i got it for christmas, and it's got a lot of extras for music aplications.

Ahh ok s'all good
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Mini review of the Straight Six, no pics yet though

So today as an XMas gift I bought a Fender FSR Straight Six guitar. "Limited" to 800 or so for small dealers. Unique anyway, and they are going for the old school Charvel feel.

SPECS:
Alder Body (3 Piece)
21 Fret Maple neck/fretboard (one piece), Rosewood skunk stripe
Vintage Tremolo
Single Atomic Humbucking Pickup
Volume Control
Three ply pickguard
Matte Black Paint

Alright...so out of the box, the guitar is nicely set up by the shop, with the trem floating. Amazingly it stays n tune nicely. Plug it in, and here we go. The guitar is very bright. I had kind of forgotten how bright guitars without a tone pot can be. Playability is pretty smooth, and the seems a bit shaved down from your standard MIM. Very smooth satin finish. to it. Fretwork is very nicely done, and the guitar plays like a champ. All hardware seems solid and does it job well. The only minor flaw is it seems like a little too much glue seeped out around the 17th or so fret. I'm sure it will come off with play, but seems a hair sloppy. FWIW, the edges of the fretboard seem to have a slight roll on them.

The body of the guitar has a top notch satin black finish. I think it is poly, but it is smooth and crisp looking. It will smudge up, but it has not turned shiny, which can happen with cheaper matte finishes. The three ply pickguard is nice touch. The humbucking pickup is bright, and has a nice mid bump. Good harmonics and smooth treble response. It's bass response is tight but will not punch a hole in the wall In terms of "hottness" it is not as hot or bright as a JB, but has more cut, clarity, and output than your normal overwound PAF.

Assembly of it is tight, with no finish flaws, misfitting parts, or poorly done screws. The skunk stripe is unnoticeable. The pickup is a nice choice for the guitar, though the sound of it is a bit of an acquired taste as it is not easily comparable to your normal Duncan or DiMarzio IMO. Overall, a very tight guitar that nicely captures the feel of an early 80s, pre-Floyd hot rod. At $399, it is a KILLER value. It does however bring up an interesting question...

WHY is this not a Charvel? This is the essence of what a Charvel is and why I bought the guitar. The only thing Fender are the hands making it and the logo. Everything Screams Charvel. No doubt that at $399 and marked Charvel, it would sell like a hot cake and appeal to the lower end market. Maybe the world is not ready for a Mexican Charvel, I don't know.

EDIT: Pics!

Last edited by CJRocker at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by jj1565

I got no laptop that's why

But i've heard a lot of good things about the studio and how it works well with us musicians. Tons of friendly application. I've been wanting to get one myself but probably next christmas. Here's a good demo on what it can do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7XC-c70VyI

And btw jen, Balisongs are legal in NY, as long as you don't conceal it and you have either hunting/fishing license.

I got none, and i fish illegally
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Dec 27, 2008,
Quote by madpickin03
I got no laptop that's why

But i've heard a lot of good things about the studio and how it works well with us musicians. Tons of friendly application. I've been wanting to get one myself but probably next christmas. Here's a good demo on what it can do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7XC-c70VyI

And btw jen, Balisongs are legal in NY, as long as you don't conceal it and you have either hunting/fishing license.

I got none, and i fish illegally

hey thanks for the link, that was great!

and even tho it's not considered a gravity knife, you can still be charged with
265.01 Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree sub 2. dangerous knife.

so please be careful
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

awww, ur worried about me getting arrested, that's sweet

Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Got a Sambora ESP, VOX Wah.
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.

Ibanez S320 Red cameleon!

Boss GT - 10!

bought these with my own money
Last edited by TheRstar at Dec 29, 2008,
Got alot of stuff but as far as guitar stuff, a distortion pedal, chorus, and today I bought a gator hardshell case with my giftcard, generic case but it fits my RG perfectly.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
20 packs of acoustic strings
15 packs of electric strings
12-pack Tortex .60mm picks
12-pack Tortex .50mm picks
Korg CA-30 tuner

Strings are cheap crap quality but for 0,99€ per pack I don't give a sh*t. I'd rather have ton of them than just a couple good quality strings.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by divinorum69

oooo I'm thinking about getting one of these, be it the Standard or Deluxe. Either way, definitely with the bucker in the bridge. How do find it so far?
Page 1 of 2