Ok so I have a Squier Standard Strat, Korean made I believe, thats pretty nice looking, but the sound is just alright. I can't describe it. It may be that I just don't like single coils. Is putting a set of lace sensor red/silver/blue's in it a worthwhile investment? Or is it merely putting lipstick on a pig? By the way, I'm running through a TS9 into a Fender Blues Jr. NOS.
Lace sounds pretty good, and squires are hit and miss, but if its a good guitar/feel, go for it. If you dont like the single coils, go wit a stacked Pickup. Hotrails maybe
-Jake Blackwood
Quote by princeofspades1
Ok so I have a Squier Standard Strat, Korean made I believe, thats pretty nice looking, but the sound is just alright. I can't describe it. It may be that I just don't like single coils. Is putting a set of lace sensor red/silver/blue's in it a worthwhile investment? Or is it merely putting lipstick on a pig? By the way, I'm running through a TS9 into a Fender Blues Jr. NOS.

I'm assuming the pickups are going to cost you about $150.00. Do you like the feel of your guitar or would you be better off putting the money towards the guitar you really want? That is a decision you have to make. I personally would put the lipstick down and back away from the pig.
If you don't like the SC sound, try to get some mini humbuckers, maybe? Since Squiers are cheap, they aren't gonna put good pickups on them. Replacing pickups is pretty important for making a cheap insturment sound good.
Quote by cranium2001
I'm assuming the pickups are going to cost you about $150.00. Do you like the feel of your guitar or would you be better off putting the money towards the guitar you really want? That is a decision you have to make. I personally would put the lipstick down and back away from the pig.

I've got a Tele thinline and a Gibson Faded SG that's in the shop with a broken headstock so this is just a way to get a guitar that's just been sitting in a stand into a playable condition. Also, I have issues with the tremolo springs every time i change the strings is there any way to put some sort of fixed bridge on it to prevent tuning problems?
That sucks about your Gibson. As far as the bridge I don't know for sure but I think you can get a fixed bridge for it.