Page 1 of 2
Anyone wanna discuss fashion? Brands, styles, clothing, etc.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Doc Marten + Aderlass FTW!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
TS, im outside and i currently do not see you. your sig is a liar, please remove it from my vicinity at once.

also, l0lz fashun is 4 f@gzz
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
FASHION
turn to the left
FASHION
turn to the right

We are the goon squad and we're coming to town
BEEP BEEP

Seriously though, I just like looking good. I also like being cheap, so as AceOfBlades said, style > fashion. Work with what you got (and occasionally treat yourself!)
DOWN&OUT
Tripp and TUK! Easily my favorite brands. They are expensive-ish...in general I just shop at marshalls or thrift stores.
Why is the desire to look good gay?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by Jett Diamond
FASHION
turn to the left
FASHION
turn to the right

We are the goon squad and we're coming to town
BEEP BEEP

aw man Jett beat me to it
Quote by AceOfBlades
style>fashion

/thread.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
lets discuss

BEARS
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Quote by freshtunes

Exactly.

I don't understand why there aren't any serious posts in this thread.

Today I bought an Armani Jeans hoodie, and it feels sooo good.

But, it is not in my nature to stand out of the crowd, so FAP FAP FAP.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I'm not a fan of the concept of clothing, but since it' a necessity of today's society, I do like fashion. The current decade hasn't really had anything but reoccurring styles from the past that have been modified; past decades have had more discrete styles whereas now it's all kind of a regurgitation of vintage.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by freshtunes

The desire to look good is fine, being a fool who actually follows fashion is stupid.

SO:

style > fashion.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by freshtunes

Agreed, although I'm not sure where this whole style/vs fashion is coming into play. I can't tell you what the latest super expensive "in" **** is, but I can walk into urban outfitters or banana republic and pick out something I think looks nice is this a matter of style or fashion
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Agreed, although I'm not sure where this whole style/vs fashion is coming into play. I can't tell you what the latest super expensive "in" **** is, but I can walk into urban outfitters or banana republic and pick out something I think looks nice is this a matter of style or fashion

That's style, fashion is for the idiots who read magazines and look at all the models and then go out and buy that, whatever it may be.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
pri- to the ****ing - mark!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
pri- to the ****ing - mark!

So, so, so true.

*HIGH FIVES*

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Going into west end tomorrow, hopefully Albam will still have some decent shirts in, and I know victorinox has a sale on.

Seeing all those people queuing for hours to get into NEXT is ****ing sickening. You could of worked those hours and bought something of quality, that washes up well, durable and looks good instead.
best style ever

mid length (middle of neck or longer) hair parted partially covering left eye (NOT EMOVER!!!)

Fedora

Black band tee

black or dark blue levi's loose strait jeans

Black Studded silver belt with LoG belt buckle

DC skate sneakers

ladies love this stylre, im living proof

oh and for a coat use a trench coat, really grabs people's attention when you walk into a room and/or building/bank
but really i wear one, its great warm, dry, cool everything
Quote by soul_power

and the fact that those 2 stores just stock whats "in" anyway? You're following fashion, you're just doing it the lazy cheaper way.
I love Cyberdog clothing but it's far too expensive to buy all the time.

I'm less of a brand person. If it looks good I'll buy it, regardless of brand.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That's style, fashion is for the idiots who read magazines and look at all the models and then go out and buy that, whatever it may be.

Very few people do that.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Quote by Xodah
Very few people do that.

Apparently you would be surprised...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
clothes make the man, its sad but its true. going up to someone new and they find you wearing just some old jeans and a t-shirt youve worn since you were in grade 8 is going to simply give off the impression that your a bum, which is a turn off for girls. so really, style and fashion go hand in hand with your personality. so one has to ask, what do you want your clothes to say about u?
rant
rant
rant
rant!
plus you shouldnt care if its name brand or not, if you like it, just fookin wear it
"Never stop doing what you love" - Paul McCartney (Commercial lololol)
Last edited by moptopguitar at Dec 27, 2008,
Quote by hxckma
best style ever

mid length (middle of neck or longer) hair parted partially covering left eye (NOT EMOVER!!!)

Fedora

Black band tee

DC skate sneakers

oh and for a coat use a trench coat, really grabs people's attention when you walk into a room and/or building/bank

... Are you 15 or something?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by hxckma
best style ever

Fedora

Black band tee

DC skate sneakers

Man, you're hxc Hxckma
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Apparently you would be surprised...

It looks like everything you know about fashion came from a gossip magazine, of course there will be people who just follow fashion trends blindfolded, as there's people who hate on MG's without even tried one, gladly most people who buy expensive clothes have a decent sense of style.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Quote by Xodah
It looks like everything you know about fashion came from a gossip magazine, of course there will be people who just follow fashion trends blindfolded, as there's people who hate on MG's without even tried one, gladly most people who buy expensive clothes have a decent sense of style.

If I read such things then you might very well be right. Unfortunately most of my knowledge of the habits of pop-culture obsessed people comes through my cousins; fashion victims that they are.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Style = wearing what you want to wear because you think it's cool
Fashion = wearing what OTHERS wear, because THEY think it's cool
Where are people getting all these bullshit definitions of style and fashion?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Where are people getting all these bullshit definitions of style and fashion?

well sooo-rry!
^^that's how I think of it, in simple terms at least, so where did I go wrong exactly?
Quote by AceOfBlades
well sooo-rry!
^^that's how I think of it, in simple terms at least, so where did I go wrong exactly?

It's not just you, it's pretty much everyone that has stated style>fashion
It's the same thing really. They're interchangeable. Whatever mass media paradigms have been created for the two aren't accurate to the true meaning of either term.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 2