I just got one of these today. I know the switch is for the different pickups, but I never had a guitar with more than one pickup. Can someone please tell me what the switches do and also what the two knobs do, (pulling out the knob included). Thanks in advance.
i know im not answering your q, but, i got a syn custom today. YAY! it ****in rocks
When you pull out a knob, it splits the humbucker, making it a single coil. That's called a coil tap.

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Jackson King V (for sale!)
Ibanez 7321
Digitech Hothead(for sale!)
Digitech Deathmetal(for sale!)
u should have saved up bout 50 more bucks and got the custom
(it might be 100 not to sure))
yer the push/pull is a coil tap which makes the humbuckers sound like single coils.

the pickup selector changes from bridge, neck and both together.

the knob closest to strings and pickups is the volume know, the one below it is the tone knob.
hope this helps
switches change between lead(bridge) pickup and rhythm(neck) pickup, leaving it in the middle activates both pickups
2 tone knobs and 2 volume knobs, 1 for each pickup
pulling one out is for the coil tap to give it a single pickup sound
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince