My local place has a used 112 combo for $285. What kind of sound does this amp have? I can afford it, and I'm thinking about picking it up for fun if it's any good or if that's some kind of amazing deal. I'm going to go play it tomorrow, but I was hoping for some insight before then. Thanks!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I have read JTM 30s tend to overheat. Get a fan for it or keep a fan circulating air through the back when you use it. At that price, I bet it needs work or, at least, tubes.

Otherwise,

Marshall + tube amp = excellent
Marshall + SS amp = below average
I have a spare fan that isn't being used right now since it's the middle of winter, so that's no problem. I know that Marshall tube amps have an excellent rep, I'm more curious what kind of tones it can get. I'm browsing youtube right now, actually. I might trade my VK112 in for it, since I never use it and 30w seems to be enough to gig with.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
You can expect a fantastic clean channel from that amp, personally didn't think the drive channel was anything special but the clean is nice, and from what I've heard takes pedals well.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Since it's a 30w British 112 combo, does it have anything in common with the AC30 tone-wise?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
"Plexi plus" is how I'd describe it gainwise. It's not as huge sounding as a 100W super lead- the gain just isn't as good- but it's got a bit more gain on tap and the cleans are actually quite nice. It's nothing at all like an AC-30.
They do overheat, and the transformers tend to die early, but that's Marshall for you. I'd go for it. Make sure to have it checked out, it might be due for a recap soon.
Definatly go for it, thats a great price for that , and yea you should be able to gig with it
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Will it be as loud/louder than my VK112? I'm really only gigging on bass lately, but I want to be safe. I have PLENTY of OD/Distortion pedals, and something tells me that the JTM and my OCD would get along nicely.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Probably about as loud, a bit quieter but still plenty loud. Bring in your OCD to test on the amp when you go in tommorow, I agree with you that it should be a great combonation
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

dere get amps

tend to over heat if now air is let circulate
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal (BB-2)