Well, I come from a family that is, well, not that well off. For Christmas, I got a total of 100$. I really am looking at getting a new guitar (the first act one I have is hardly cutting it anymore) and I've been browsing everywhere from pawn shops to ebay.

Now, I've found a seller on eBay with a decent rep. who's selling a bunch of acrylic guitars (an acrylic Strat and an acrylic Flying V) for dirt cheap. They're made by a company called "Grand", one I'm not familiar with at all. They look like pretty solid guitars, especially for the price range (~$100) but I'm highly skeptical when it comes to online purchases. I've browsed the internet, and come across a few very positive reviews, but nothing I can honestly base a decent decision on.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with these guitars, or know anyone who has. I really can't afford to be ripped off right now, but I need a new guitar.

Here's the link to one of his auctions: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380091196661&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=380091410307&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4
When everybody's gone home, all but the friends and lovers, that's when the best things happen.
Quote by Wylde14
typically a guitar for 100 bucks isn't going to do you much good, decent stater guitars are like 200 or so.

just go ahead and get this one, its a bit out of your price range though
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/EVH-Eddie-Van-Halen-Frankenstein-Replica-Electric-Guitar?sku=513703

I heard being a professional hit man pays well. I'd only have to kill, like, maybe three guys to afford that.
When everybody's gone home, all but the friends and lovers, that's when the best things happen.
and then youd be stuck witth an evh replica that plays like ****, yay.
Quote by Wylde14
and then youd be stuck witth an evh replica that plays like ****, yay.

No, I'd be able to afford it, but no way in hell I'd buy it. I can't stand Eddie. Over-rated as over-rated can get.
Quote by cranium2001
http://www.amazon.com/SST-Electric-Guitar-Vintage-White/dp/B001HT3BEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1230247444&sr=1-2
This is in another thread going on right now. I would feel better with this than an acrylic one.

I saw that guitar, but from my limited experiences, cheap knock-off strats have no real sound to them at all. I realize these are most likely just gimmicky knock-offs, but the few reviews I read seemed rather promising, though I still hate buying online. I wish we had more stores around here than an over-priced Guitar Center and a ****ty Mockingbird with a total of fifteen guitars, most of which are Ibanez POS.
I would honestly go with the SX SST from rondomusic.com. If you don't like it, Kurt will take it back no charge.

I have bought 3 guitars form him and he is the definition of customer service. Read every review on harmony-central.net for Agile and SX. You will believe...

Good luck!
yes Kurt is THE nicest person you will meet. though i didnt buy from rondo when i had a question about some specs of one of their guitars he ansered me promtly and gave me all the info i needed.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B