Right now I'm rocking a new Acoustic B100, and an SX 5 string P bass found here
http://www.rondomusic.com/sjb75c41ash.html

Before this I was playing an Epiphone Explorer, and a Peavey 20W practice amp. Now I know the amp is a huge upgrade, going from 20 to 100 watts, especially it being an Acoustic. What I really want to know is if the SX will sound better on the new amp, because I was a bit surprised to see that the new amp didn't make my muddy old Xplorer sound a lot better. Granted, it's a deeper, richer, tone, but still quite muddy. Obviously, considering the price of the SX is about half that of the Xplorer, I'm a bit wary, so again, I'd just like to know, was it a good upgrade? I've heard only good things about the bass so far.
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

Do you agree with that guy? That's why we have the Computer Thread. Use it.
You know that's not a P-bass right?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
In terms of tone, SX basses generally are very, very similar to their Fender counterparts, so it should sound as good any other bass would, really. I think maybe you're not used to the tone of the Acoustic. Peavey combos generally have a pretty thick sound, whereas Acoustics are fairly bright. To answer your question, though, yes Santa brought a nice upgrade.
Nope, no sig here.
He did, it just hasn't come yet.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
You have the single greatest username I've ever seen, threadstarter.

Anyway, he didn't bring me any upgrades, but I'm so bloody particular nobody can really buy me anything above Rotosound strings. That said, I may have enough money to get a Mesa 212 if I unload my cabs, but we'll see.

I'm going through a tonal mid-life crisis right now, and perhaps my cabs will do. I took out my Sonic Maximizer because it was driving me in-fucking-sane and now I think I'm at a place where my current cabs' tweeter isn't bothering me, but I'll have to jam a few times before I can decide for sure.

But then again, the holiday season isn't over. The gigantic treeman with a pink apron and tiny motorcycle might bring me something for Kwanzaa.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by slaptasticdave
You know that's not a P-bass right?

Ahh you're right, tis a Jazz. I knew it was either a P or a Jazz. I hadn't bothered to check the page again before I had posted, and at that time I had forgotten which it was, so I went with the letter I liked more.
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

Do you agree with that guy? That's why we have the Computer Thread. Use it.
Quote by caitan1962

You have a behringer. He was just apologising
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Well I bought the Beheringer in a package deal with some other stuff. It isn't too bad but the Markbass is the best thing I have ever played through. If Markbass can find an efficient way to get their equipment to the United States, Ampeg, Eden, GK, and SWR will all be closing their doors. I can walk into a gig with my guitar in one hand and my amp in the other and have the soundman is telling me to turn the thing down.
[
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez IJX40
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1988 Peavey Dyna Bass
Markbass CMD 102 P
B52 AT212
Beheringer Ultrabass 3500
Hartke 410 XL
Hartke 210 Transporter
Peavey TKO
Peavey 115 BW
Quote by caitan1962
Well I bought the Beheringer in a package deal with some other stuff. It isn't too bad but the Markbass is the best thing I have ever played through. If Markbass can find an efficient way to get their equipment to the United States, Ampeg, Eden, GK, and SWR will all be closing their doors. I can walk into a gig with my guitar in one hand and my amp in the other and have the soundman is telling me to turn the thing down.

If you want Markbass stuff just go to a GC or order one from the page.
That's where mine came from but the price is still out of range for them to be competitive. Look at what some of their big gear costs. I got a great deal on the CMD 102P. The regular price of $1149.00 had been dropped the day after Thanksgiving to $999, then I went online and printed out a 10% discount coupon so I got it for $899. There is no reason why anybody would ever need anthing bigger amp wise. Before I bought it I took my guitar into Guitar Center and cranked it up to see how much thump it had. After that we hooked it to an Ampeg SVT 810 and that little amp had plenty of balls to push it all. I knew nothing about Markbass equipment, I always swore that Eden was the best but I don't see it that way anymore.

The most impressive thing I see other than the amazing power is the tone variations. You can get the deep lows and if you go up the fretboard on the G string the treble will ring without changing anything on the EQ.
[
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez IJX40
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1988 Peavey Dyna Bass
Markbass CMD 102 P
B52 AT212
Beheringer Ultrabass 3500
Hartke 410 XL
Hartke 210 Transporter
Peavey TKO