It's called the VT series (no, not the old AD series). Anyone here tried one?
http://www.voxamps.com/us/valvetronix/vt-series/

Apparently they discontinued the old AD series to make room for the VT...
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VT-15W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481958
Quote by VoxAmps.com
* VOX Valve Reactor circuit that uses a 12AX7 to produce real tube power amp sound.
* Twenty-two realistic amp models are built-in, ranging from the latest high-gain types to unobtainable legendary boutique amps and vintage amps.
* Twelve high-quality effects including independent reverb, rivaling the quality of dedicated units.
* Three banks (basic, effected, and song) are provided for each amp model, giving you a total of sixty-six preset programs
* Twenty-two programs of "song presets" simulate the sounds of famous guitarists.
* You can save eight of your own edited programs.
* Power level control allows you to adjust the output wattage of the power amp, meaning that you can obtain that distinctive power amp distortion even at low output levels.
* Headphone output lets you practice at home, even at night.
* The VT50/100 provide an external speaker output, and the VT100 provides an effect loop for expandability.
* By using the VFS5 foot switch you can use your foot to change programs or turn effects on/off.

EDIT: completely different topic. Is the Boss RE-20 both delay and reverb? Or just different types of reverb?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Dec 25, 2008,
Quote by dudey5691
My friend got the VT15 today... it sounded pretty good on his clips.

I'm going to his house tomorrow to check it out on a tele and SG, I'll be sure to post what I think!

What models did he like best?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I have had mine for a while just couldn't play it till today. I love it. I'd say go buy one. I could do some clips of sounds if you'd like. I'm just not that great of a player.
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
Quote by Rickjames730
I have had mine for a while just couldn't play it till today. I love it. I'd say go buy one. I could do some clips of sounds if you'd like. I'm just not that great of a player.

Have you played the ADVT series? (how do the models compare?)

And you can use the headphone out for recording right?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I've tried a VT15 briefly. The metal models got better, still a little fuzzy compared to Roland's COSM modeling.
I like the Trainwreck model. Not quite Trainwreck...but it's a good British style OD.

The VT50's are pretty slow in getting out there, for whatever reason. Only seen VT15 and VT100 at online stores, last I checked.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Have you played the ADVT series? (how do the models compare?)

And you can use the headphone out for recording right?

The ADVT is very similar. I'd describe the VT as just more access to different sounds (more metal with keeping the classic rock and adding some blues amps) You can pretty much reach any sound with it, except for a SRV tone, I can't get that yet

I might be able to, I'll check that real quick.

EDIT: Yes you can record from the headphone jack using audacity + a male/male headphone chord.

EDIT2: Sounds pretty terrible through headphone jack as opposed to my rock band mic.
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
Last edited by Rickjames730 at Dec 25, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
I've tried a VT15 briefly. The metal models got better, still a little fuzzy compared to Roland's COSM modeling.
I like the Trainwreck model. Not quite Trainwreck...but it's a good British style OD.

The VT50's are pretty slow in getting out there, for whatever reason. Only seen VT15 and VT100 at online stores, last I checked.

Meh, the Youtube clips sound fine to me (the compression might be helping though, I'm talking about the metal models btw). I heard they replaced the Soldano model with a 5150 model, so I'm a bit excited about it.
Quote by Rickjames730
The ADVT is very similar. I'd describe the VT as just more access to different sounds (more metal with keeping the classic rock and adding some blues amps) You can pretty much reach any sound with it, except for a SRV tone, I can't get that yet

I might be able to, I'll check that real quick.

EDIT: Yes you can record from the headphone jack using audacity + a male/male headphone chord.

That's cool. I'm not sure if I should go for the practice amp or the interface + computer option now... (for college)

^Then why does it say new on the Vox website?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude

^Then why does it say new on the Vox website?

Well, they were released around thanksgiving, but...
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
Quote by Rickjames730
Well, they were released around thanksgiving, but...

Nobody really made a thread dedicated to this as far as I know... (maybe I'm just a crappy search bar user)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Meh, the Youtube clips sound fine to me (the compression might be helping though, I'm talking about the metal models btw). I heard they replaced the Soldano model with a 5150 model, so I'm a bit excited about it.

I dunno, if I were to play metal, I'd need something tighter, like a Peavey JSX, or Gear 3 on a Splawn Quickrod. The top end isn't defined enough for me.

Also, I only tried it out for 15 minutes. My time on the metal portion was spent on "Metal Bull". Didn't try out "Cali Metal".
Quote by forsaknazrael
I dunno, if I were to play metal, I'd need something tighter, like a Peavey JSX, or Gear 3 on a Splawn Quickrod. The top end isn't defined enough for me.

Also, I only tried it out for 15 minutes. My time on the metal portion was spent on "Metal Bull". Didn't try out "Cali Metal".

I have a 6505+.

I want something smaller for recording and maybe practice... I'm deciding between a POD Studio and a headphone amp or just a practice amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
I have a 6505+.

I want something smaller for recording and maybe practice... I'm deciding between a POD Studio and a headphone amp or just a practice amp.

The VT15 could do practice amp well but I wouldn't recommend recording through the headphone jack, sounds terrible.
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
Quote by Rickjames730
The VT15 could do practice amp well but I wouldn't recommend recording through the headphone jack, sounds terrible.

Oh, alright. Maybe they're using a magic speaker and a magic wood for the enclosure lol.
Thanks.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I tried my friend's VT15 out, and here's my reviews...

This is a step up from the AD series tonally and in features. The metal amp models are still what you'd expect out of this series, but with the VT they are a bit better. It reacts more like a tube amp than the AD, having more dynamic contrast with volume control and picking. The cleans are great, although the mid-gain crunch and OD channels are a bit oversaturated.
The effects, in my opinion, were great. I particularly liked the delay and tape echo. Also, the VT series has independent reverb. I found the tremolo pretty useless. The flanger and phaser were pretty good, but nothing too fancy. I did not like the chorus, and the effect mixes seemed a bit... useless.

Great amp, beats the Vypyr in cleans and mid-gain (what else did you expect?). Basically, a good step up from the AD series. Probably a better practice amp, but if I'd ever need to, I'd mic this up for cleans with a telecaster and gig.