Page 1 of 4
isn't marty friedman jewish, i think paul gilbert is, and I know that the whole band of rush is jewish and so is slash. is paul gilbert jewish? What are some other shred guitar players or great musicians that are jewish?
Quote by darkwolf291
what does this have to do with anything??

jews are amazing and how is this "not music related" or off topic?
Quote by boreamor
Is Slash jewish? I've read his biography and I didn't think he was =/

yeah hes half black and jewish. but hes not really a "shredder". more like an above average blues rock guitar player lol.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by darkwolf291
what does this have to do with anything??

Well you see there are these people called Nazis and the TS is one and his band The Final Solution is looking out for their competition...

Seriously though, Religion has nothing to do with being a good musician, nor does race or gender...
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
What a politically correct society we live in when people think this thread is inappropriate...

There was a thread earlier today about "Favorite British Guitarists". Nobody took offense with that one.
Not a shredder/guitarist but,
Mike Portnoy is an awesome drummer (he doesn't practice Judaism as a religion though).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
my dads jewish so i suppose in a sense that makes me half jewish in a way even though i dont believe in religion

and also the lead guitarist in my band is jewish and hes quite the beast
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by Ach-med
Well you see there are these people called Nazis and the TS is one and his band The Final Solution is looking out for their competition...

Seriously though, Religion has nothing to do with being a good musician, nor does race or gender...

im not concerned about race and crap like that affecting the way you play guitar its just that Im a jew thats right i am and i was just wondering who "my ancestors" are that shred.
Quote by Ach-med
nor does race or gender...

.....chick bass players?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by metaldud536
Gilbert is not a Jew.

Of all the things that Gilbert has been called over the years, that's the best.
Quote by KwikKopy
What a politically correct society we live in when people think this thread is inappropriate...

There was a thread earlier today about "Favorite British Guitarists". Nobody took offense with that one.

being politically correct angers my caucasion rear end off. seriously.
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Of all the things that Gilbert has been called over the years, that's the best.

thats not racist at all
I'm pretty sure Geddy's the only jew in rush. You can tell by his nose to begin with anyways.
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
Quote by mkain
thats not racist at all

I'm talking about "sloppy, speeding-up-scumbag, neo-classical douche, bad tone" kind of insults.
Eddie Van Halen?
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Geddy Lee. Geddy is the way his grandmother pronounced Gary, so thats what his nickname is. He can also play a bass very well. I like his singing, but its not for everyone.
Quote by slash4114
yeah hes half black and jewish. but hes not really a "shredder". more like an above average blues rock guitar player lol.

Jewish is not an ethnicity. Slash is Black and English.
I agree that Slash is not a "shredder".
Quote by TurboJaw
Geddy Lee. Geddy is the way his grandmother pronounced Gary, so thats what his nickname is. He can also play a bass very well. I like his singing, but its not for everyone.

That sounded so robotic, so recycled. He's not a shredder too.
Impossible, Jews and guitar just dont go together, like Magikarp and dry land.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Jewish is not an ethnicity. Slash is Black and English.
I agree that Slash is not a "shredder".

Actually it is somewhat of an ethnicity as there are many physical traits associated with a person with Jewish ancestry, though many of these traits stem from the mixture of semetic roots intermarried with Europeans.
Quote by TheNoManBand
Actually it is somewhat of an ethnicity as there are many physical traits associated with a person with Jewish ancestry, though many of these traits stem from the mixture of semetic roots intermarried with Europeans.

No man, that's what the Nazi's and Zionists want you to believe.

Judiasm is a religion, not an ethnicity.
The only reason that there are similar triats is that traditionally Jews only married Jews, and in small communities there wasn't that much diversity.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Rush are not Jewish.

My friend is Jewish. But he doesn't shred.

He's still one hell of a guitar player.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Sleepwalker 666

thats from the passion of the jew episode right? probably one of the best episodes. ever. exept imaginationland.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by skaterkevin87
thats from the passion of the jew episode right? probably one of the best episodes. ever. exept imaginationland.

It's actually the halloween one.
Paul stanley is jewish.
i dunno about the shredding part, but he's a pretty good guitarist IMO.
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Luke200420
Eddie Van Halen?

That's Dutch, not Jewish...

Well....there is me, any guitar player that practices technique in Israel....

Marty Friedman, obviously.

I think Chris Broderick is Jewish.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Slash is ethnically Jewish, not sure about religiously, though.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Primus2112
Rush are not Jewish.

My friend is Jewish. But he doesn't shred.

He's still one hell of a guitar player.

Geddy's Jewish, his grandmother spoke Yiddish and that's a Jewish language.

Judaism is the religion, but Jews are an ethnicity.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Page 1 of 4