If i were to put a Bigsby tremolo on a Les Paul/Sheraton or any other guitar with a stop bar bridge, how many holes would need to be drilled? Also what would happen to the holes from the last piece of the bridge (cant think of its name but the one you feed the strings through)? Does the Bigsby tremolo cover those holes or will they be apparent?
Free Mumia
Maybe you would have to fill those holes. Maybe it's better to have a Luthier do it if you can't.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Have a professional do it. And I give the idea a thumbs up, I love bigsby tremolos to death.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by Line6
Maybe you would have to fill those holes. Maybe it's better to have a Luthier do it if you can't.

Okay, thanks. Does anybody know if leaving those holes unfilled would affect the guitar? Does anybody else have any input on whether or not there is a bigsby made to fill/cover those holes?
Free Mumia
Quote by guerilla radio
Okay, thanks. Does anybody know if leaving those holes unfilled would affect the guitar? Does anybody else have any input on whether or not there is a bigsby made to fill/cover those holes?

There's none made that i know would fit there lol. But as i said, it is better to take it to a pro and let him do it. On another hand, leaving the holes unfilled might cut a TINY bit of your guitars resonance, in other words, sustain might be a bit less. Even that, the bigsby itself should upgrade your sustain so the only thing you could notice is the BOOST not the lack of it hehe.

Another question, does anybody know whether a Bigsby could be installed on an acoustic and how it would sound. On the front of the Bryan Adams Unplugged cd i noticed his acoustic had one. So would it work?
Free Mumia
Actually it would work on any guitar lol. But that is just not too common so dunno. Maybe a telecaster designed bigsby would be better for an acoustic since it is for flat surfaces hmmm.

This is actually some crazy idea lol, never seen an acoustic with bigsby though hehe.

Quote by Line6
Actually it would work on any guitar lol. But that is just not too common so dunno. Maybe a telecaster designed bigsby would be better for an acoustic since it is for flat surfaces hmmm.

This is actually some crazy idea lol, never seen an acoustic with bigsby though hehe.

Yeah you dont see to many of them, lol. I think it would be a pretty cool idea though. I might pick up a cheap nylon string or something to do it to.
Free Mumia
Id rather get a cheap hollow body for this hehe, since it's hollow body the sound should be loud enough even unplugged. Or so my common sense should work here hehe.