When you play power chords at a somewhat fast speed are you supposed to keep your strumming hand resting on the bridge, or wherever you rest your hand, or are you supposed to lift your hand up?

Thanks in advance for helping.
depends on the the actual strumming pattern.
if the song is fast down strokes then i would rest my hand but if not ill strum with my hand lifted up.
Quote by CicatrizESP
When you play power chords at a somewhat fast speed are you supposed to keep your strumming hand resting on the bridge, or wherever you rest your hand, or are you supposed to lift your hand up?

Thanks in advance for helping.

If I took this in the way that you said it, you should take a look at your technique before it gets really hard to change it.

If you "rest" your hand anywhere, it's called anchoring. It's a terrible habit to get into.

Here's why:
-It restricts your movement making you use more energy to make even the smallest motions.

-It can cause tension which can cause injury.

-While you do this, you have no REAL acuraccy. If you had real acuraccy, you wouldn't have to do it.

This is just a basic overview of the worst things anchoring can do to you. There's a link in my sig to everything you will ever need to know about anchoring. Read it, or you will seriously f*ck up when you try to stop anchoring.