Ok, right now i have my baby, standard gibson sg into a marshall 250 dfx that i bought 3rd hand a couple years ago and im starting to get tired of the sound, though it was never great..i know im getting a vox wahh soon. so thats that for pedals, i do have a grunge pedal, but that sucks...
a couple weeks ago i posted something about getting pedals for a heavy metal sound, but my real love is bluesy rock... i guess i was on some kind of trip into heavy stuff for a few weeks
anyways, enough of that.. im looking for a good tube amp that will give a heavy, pure rock n roll sound.. my main music is stuff like zeppelin, acdc, deep purple. guns n roses, hendrix, i also dig bluesy stuff like bb king and buddy guy... also some newer rock bands like the darkness and wolfmother (even though there both broke up lol)
iim willing to pay up around 1,500.......please help me UG
look at a few orange amps... They seem to fit your style.

and what you like isn't considered "heavy". more like classic rock

you'll get different responses if you say "heavy"
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I'd go with something in the Peavey Classic series or the Marshall AVT series. Anything 50 watts or above should do.
Orange Rocker 30
Ceriatone Marshall clone of some sort
Some other Orange
That's just what's on the top of my head, if you're going to spend that much, you really should be trying out a hell of a lot of amps for yourself.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I'd be looking at a used Orange Rocker 30 combo (800 bucks) or an Orange Rockerverb 50 combo (1300-1600 used).

Perfect for what you play. The superficial difference being that the Rockerverb has more gain and reverb.

BTW, Wolfmother is not broken up. The bassist and drummer left, but Andrew Stockdale will still be touring as Wolfmother.
Also, the Darkness IS broken up, but there are two new bands from each of the Hawkins brothers, the Stone Gods and hot Leg. The Stone Gods are really good.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'd be looking at a used Orange Rocker 30 combo (800 bucks) or an Orange Rockerverb 50 combo (1300-1600 used).

Perfect for what you play. The superficial difference being that the Rockerverb has more gain and reverb.

BTW, Wolfmother is not broken up. The bassist and drummer left, but Andrew Stockdale will still be touring as Wolfmother.
Also, the Darkness IS broken up, but there are two new bands from each of the Hawkins brothers, the Stone Gods and hot Leg. The Stone Gods are really good.

Yeah, i'll have to try them out... and i do know about the whole situation with those bands i just never felt like going into to detail about it.. your right the stone gods are good and hot leg is just fun because of justin. he rocks
Yeah, i'll have to try them out... and i do know about the whole situation with those bands i just never felt like going into to detail about it.. your right the stone gods are good and hot leg is just fun because of justin. he rocks
While we're on the topic of "neo classic rock" bands...I'd suggest you check out The Answer, Black Stone Cherry, The Stript, and The Sword. Been listening to those bands a lot lately. The Answer was great when they opened for AC/DC.

If you want to spend more, my all time favorite British voiced amp right now is the Splawn QuickRod. That thing does the Marshall thing AMAZING, from Plexi to hot rodded JCM800 to over the top JCM800.
I agree the answer is awsome.. black stone cherry is alright but not really for me, I'll have to check out the other 2 bands...
And with the amps, I'll have to try out alot of amps to figure out the one I want but I will look up that one.

Also, you saw acdc live? That is awsome
Yeah man, about 2-3 weeks ago. Epic show.

I dunno, I dig black stone cherry. That's about as heavy as I want my music to get, with some great vocals. I don't think they put together a good album as well as the Answer and the Stone Gods, but they've got a couple of good songs (off the new album, Ghost of Floyd Collins, and off the old album, I like Violator Girl).

Oh, also, check Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. Southern classic rock meets metal. (Dry the River, Raised by the Tide, Plenty Wrong and Plenty Strong, and Everyone Needs a Hasting are all great songs)