Which would be better for more indie type of music like Death Cab for Cutie, Minus the Bear, bands along those lines.
I want to know which amp has better cleans and would handle pedals a lot better.
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
The JC is a very clean amp, good platform for modulation effects, but the distortion is rather bad and it doesn't take OD pedals very well either. If you're going to use distortion I'd go with the hot rod.
Thanks but what I am going to do is get a A/B switch to put two amps to one guitar.
The Peavey Valveking is going to be my dirty amp boosted with a ibanez TS9 and I just need a clean amp for delay/reverb/loop station pedals.
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Epiphone LP-100
My price range is going to be around $450
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Epiphone LP-100
its close, but i wouldn't spend all the money on a deville just for a clean channel
i mean all that wattage and 2 speakers to go along with not using the drive channel would be kind of a waste (although their drive channel is very mediocre)
gotta tell you though, played the jc, and that thing is awesome for cleans and chorus
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
For the style of music your playing, get a DeVille. Good clean channel, and it dosen't hate Overdrive like the JC does. But I agree with acdcclandon... It DOES seem like a waste just for the clean channel.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

i use a 4x10 deville... for the clean channel. here's the pedals:

i don't think its a waste to just use it for clean + dirt pedals. the only reason i had to think about it is because, i would want to have both running in stereo.
Quote by thementor
For the style of music your playing, get a DeVille. Good clean channel, and it dosen't hate Overdrive like the JC does. But I agree with acdcclandon... It DOES seem like a waste just for the clean channel.

yeah i think if you found something with a good clean channel and good overdrive channel than you would knock out two birds with one stone, sell the valveking and have an awesome setup
i'm thinking ac30, that would be awesome
plus deville's are pretty overpriced (especially new)
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I would go with the JC, but some find the cleans a bit sterile. Personally I don't see much difference between the two, and the better reliability of the JC (never have to worry about swapping tubes etc) would swing it for me.

But I agree, look for a Vox AC30 also.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I would sell the valveking but I use it for my Hardcore (Punk hardcore not Metalcore) band and also for my death metal band. I was already going to save up for another metal head with a price range around $650-750 so i might as well get a clean amp and pedals.

I think i might get the Deville but does the JC have a brighter clean channel?

Plus my mom doesn't care what gear i have in the garage as long as I buy it and not her.
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Epiphone LP-100
I decided on the JC combo amp
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Epiphone LP-100